Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:00 pm   #1
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Harvey Weinstein

More and more women are accusing Weinstein of sexual harassment...they now include Jolie and Paltrow.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie accuse Weinstein of harassment - CNN

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:03 pm   #2
Pica Female
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey Weinstein

No surprise that those two jumped on the bandwagon but what took them so long? Anything for free publicity
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:08 pm   #3
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
More and more women are accusing Weinstein of sexual harassment...they now include Jolie and Paltrow.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie accuse Weinstein of harassment - CNN

When you're famous they let you do it.
anotherlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:42 pm   #4
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pica View Post
No surprise that those two jumped on the bandwagon but what took them so long? Anything for free publicity
The way Paltrow has spoken about him in the past, it sounded as though there was some form of 'relationship' imo. As for Jolie, yes bandwagon. Vile woman.

Edit: I see Lindsay Lohan has come out and said she thinks it should all stop and he should be left alone as she's never heard of any type of abuse. I'm guessing he abused her and she wants a career of some sort and thinks she needs to back him to stand a chance.

The Recipe Thread Index:

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 11th 2017 at 2:34 pm.
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:45 pm   #5
aphorism vacancy

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

It seems there's a pattern of sexual harassment/abuse followed by financial settlement and non-disclosure agreement. Women with less money than Jolie and Paltrow can't afford to breach the terms of those agreements for fear of being sued to bankruptcy. I would assume that now the whole sordid thing is out in the open, those two have decided (a) that Weinstein won't want to sue them, and (b) even if he does they can afford it.

It seems very clear to me that Weinstein's associates have been enabling and covering up his abuse of women for years and years. Y'all may not like Angelina Jolie much, but that doesn't negate the possibility that she was indeed a victim of Weinstein. I'm sure there will be others.

The Paltrow story seems to be backed up by several independent sources who claim that Brad Pitt (then dating Paltrow) had it out with Weinstein in an angry encounter.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:17 pm   #6
Leslie Female
WTF?
Premium Member

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Criticizing women for not coming out quickly enough is really kind of low. He's the predator. He's the one who abused his position. End of. Slagging off women for not reporting him sooner is exactly why many women will never talk about what happened to them.

What about the poor woman who did try to fight back? She went to the police and went back --- wearing a ****ing wire to record him. On the recording he ADMITTED to groping her the day before (the whole reason that she went to the police) and the police went to the DA with the evidence. His lawyers got involved and NOTHING happened to him.

Stop blaming the women who weren't "faster" at reporting or the celebrities who didn't condemn him quickly enough. Focus all the blame on the rapist. He's the only one who did anything wrong.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:49 pm   #7

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Criticizing women for not coming out quickly enough is really kind of low. He's the predator. He's the one who abused his position. End of. Slagging off women for not reporting him sooner is exactly why many women will never talk about what happened to them.

What about the poor woman who did try to fight back? She went to the police and went back --- wearing a ****ing wire to record him. On the recording he ADMITTED to groping her the day before (the whole reason that she went to the police) and the police went to the DA with the evidence. His lawyers got involved and NOTHING happened to him.

Stop blaming the women who weren't "faster" at reporting or the celebrities who didn't condemn him quickly enough. Focus all the blame on the rapist. He's the only one who did anything wrong.
This.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:59 pm   #8

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

And another thing - "counselling"?

It's pretty straightforward - stop trying to force women into sexual situations they don't want to be in. My child has been able to grasp that concept since the dawn of puberty. Why does a grown man need "counselling"?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 4:02 pm   #9
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And another thing - "counselling"?

It's pretty straightforward - stop trying to force women into sexual situations they don't want to be in. My child has been able to grasp that concept since the dawn of puberty. Why does a grown man need "counselling"?
They claim it’s a sickness...it’s called ‘the dirty old gits syndrome’.

They thought of seeing that ugly fat git’s body make me feel like throwing up.

Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:29 pm   #10
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Leslie. Don't blame the women. (Can you believe Donna Karan? - "they were asking for it because the way they were dressed". Can you imagine if a conservative said that? They'd be lynched.)

Anyway, sounds like Weinstein is doing a Polanski, fleeing to Europe.
He probably should've had a "Bimbo Eruption Squad" to handle all the rape allegations a la Bill and Hillary.

7 Times Hillary Clinton Threatened, Smeared and Targeted Women | Daily Wire
Octang Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 6:00 pm   #11
Leslie Female
WTF?
Premium Member

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
Agree with Leslie. Don't blame the women. (Can you believe Donna Karan? - "they were asking for it because the way they were dressed". Can you imagine if a conservative said that? They'd be lynched.)
Donna Karan is stupid and I'll never buy another one of her products. Her remark is even more offensive because, especially in this case, Weinstein had plenty of beautiful women (including his wife) who were happy to sleep with him in order to get ahead in Hollywood. It's not like women were flaunting it in front of him and then running away and leaving him with a woody, ffs. He preferred to rape and assault. That's the way he likes it. Because if it was just about the availability of beautiful (sexy and sensual as per Donna Stupid Karan) women with whom to have consensual sex, Weinstein was doing just fine.

Last edited by Leslie; Oct 11th 2017 at 6:24 pm.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 6:05 pm   #12
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't she the one behind the DKNY sweatpants thing?

My God. The horror. I'm ashamed to say while not having those, I did have jeans from Calvin Klein and River Island. I even had 501s and those never fit anybody.

Lest you judge me, who here who visited Florida in the 1990s and didn't buy teal 501s from the outlet malls?
Octang Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:11 pm   #13
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes

Quote:
Donna Karan is stupid and I'll never buy another one of her products. Her remark is even more offensive because, especially in this case, Weinstein had plenty of beautiful women (including his wife) who were happy to sleep with him in order to get ahead in Hollywood. It's not like women were flaunting it in front of him and then running away and leaving him with a woody, ffs. He preferred to rape and assault. That's the way he likes it. Because if it was just about the availability of beautiful (sexy and sensual as per Donna Stupid Karan) women with whom to have consensual sex, Weinstein was doing just fine.
...and yes.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 10:20 pm   #14
BE Forum Addict

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

The "casting couch" has been a Hollywood fixture for around 100 years. Does anyone believe for a moment that the great female actresses of the past went willingly into the groping hands of the big movie producers? Weinstein just seemed to be following something that has been taking place since movies began.

It's a shame that none of Weinstein's victims reported his behavior at the time. I don't buy the "I was too afraid to complain" bit. I think when promises were made on condition of a session in a hotel room catering to his circumcised member that the promises were the clear choice
dc koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th 2017, 10:25 pm   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
The "casting couch" has been a Hollywood fixture for around 100 years. Does anyone believe for a moment that the great female actresses of the past went willingly into the groping hands of the big movie producers? Weinstein just seemed to be following something that has been taking place since movies began.

It's a shame that none of Weinstein's victims reported his behavior at the time. I don't buy the "I was too afraid to complain" bit. I think when promises were made on condition of a session in a hotel room catering to his circumcised member that the promises were the clear choice
As Leslie posted...we know of at least one woman that did. She even wore a wire but the whole thing was dismissed by the NYC DA.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!