Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Aug 1st 2017, 12:15 pm   #91
Closed Account

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Farron & Homosexual Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Your splitting hairs and you know it.
No I'm not - and saying so won't change the truth. If you can't understand why your comments are ludicrous, I'm not going to enable you.

Quote:
Hitler et al were judged after the events. Thatcher never was
I suggest you read up on history - because you have no idea what you're saying.

Ian
ian-mstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:32 pm   #92
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
No I'm not - and saying so won't change the truth. If you can't understand why your comments are ludicrous, I'm not going to enable you.

I suggest you read up on history - because you have no idea what you're saying.

Ian
Oh pleeeeeze ( yawns)
GeniB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st 2017, 4:55 pm   #93
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
She was one of the main architects of the Single Internal Market which we are now leaving.
Yes You've got it The Common Market! Not the EU with as an example,its Shadow law amongst the 200000+ European laws, One country alone has over 170000 and is spewing out more lawyers, so they can create more and more laws daily, jobs for the boys, long live Burocracy. The Chancellor knows best what is right for Europe, just as he did a century ago.

Where's the bit about Homosexual sin, I missed that.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 6:23 pm   #94
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe1day View Post
Yes You've got it The Common Market! Not the EU with as an example,its Shadow law amongst the 200000+ European laws,
Do you have examples of these alleged shadow laws.

Quote:
One country alone has over 170000 and is spewing out more lawyers, so they can create more and more laws daily, jobs for the boys, long live Burocracy.
EU law operates across all EU countries, so if one country has 170,000+ EU laws, they all will, whether those countries have any industries affected by those laws, Those laws will still be on the books.

I think someone else has misquoted a report suggesting there were 170,000+ pages of EU laws, but once a claim like that is circulated on social media (I found it on Reddit), it's difficult to counter.

Quote:
The Chancellor knows best what is right for Europe, just as he did a century ago.
As Germany is one of the most successful countries within the EU, maybe whatever they're doing is the right thing.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Aug 1st 2017 at 6:38 pm.
DaveLovesDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:53 pm   #95
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Have to agree with most of that... particularly the Saatchi affair. Had heated debate on here about searching for other means of combating cancer.. unfortunately used the innocuous (to me) term 'alternative' that brought a lot of abuse out of the woodwork.. I guess Nick showed his weakness there. He could have done a lot more in coalition imo. Kennedy was a tragedy.
Just had a quick look back at that thread - very enjoyable and interesting.

No abuse whatsoever - just people not agreeing with you.
jimenato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st 2017, 11:28 pm   #96
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Just had a quick look back at that thread - very enjoyable and interesting.

No abuse whatsoever - just people not agreeing with you.
Really ? If that's how you saw me being labelled as pushing quackery, la la land stuff.Science will deal with it dearie.etc etc...Nope can't say it was enjoyable at all to have such a deeply biased 'non ' debate. Deeply disappointing in fact
I do feel somewhat mildly vindicated by recent scandals in the Big Pharma Industry though..Maybe the discussions can be allowed to open again as their appalling practices are slowly revealed to the wider public.. who knows stranger things have happened

All very much water under the bridge now however ..Hope your wife continues in good health in any event
GeniB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:57 pm   #97
Premium Member

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble some people on this thread have differentiating between the EEC and the EU is remarkable. Thatcher was famously opposed to both the idea of the UK joining EU and the single currency - don't you remember "No, no, no!"?

After leaving office she stated that she would have never signed the Maastricht Treaty.

BritInParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th 2017, 9:45 pm   #98
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Do you have examples of these alleged shadow laws.

EU law operates across all EU countries, so if one country has 170,000+ EU laws, they all will, whether those countries have any industries affected by those laws, Those laws will still be on the books.

I think someone else has misquoted a report suggesting there were 170,000+ pages of EU laws, but once a claim like that is circulated on social media (I found it on Reddit), it's difficult to counter.

As Germany is one of the most successful countries within the EU, maybe whatever they're doing is the right thing.
The number is not a misquote and refers only to Italy. Every year there are hundreds if not thousands of new laws often contradictory.

Check this out, Genova rediscovered and applied it last summer.

"La tassa sull'ombra, un'assurdit´┐Ż tutta italiana"

As for the laws the exact figure is not known but it is between 170000 and 180000, this was quoted last year 2016 in Italian government circles and was compared to the EU average of 7000 to 9000 laws in other countries.
Btw. There also over 1700 different taxes!!!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 7th 2017 at 3:37 pm. Reason: cocked up quote
Maybe1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:22 pm   #99
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Shamelessly taken from Craig Mathews on Facebook (well done, mate):

Dear Religious people who have been messaging me to vote NO for Marriage Equality.
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Kiwi's, but not Indonesians, Can you clarify? Why can't I own Indonesians ?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging."

SO - if any of my friends decides to vote NO against marriage equality - go **** yourselves
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:39 pm   #100
Anian Male
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's an Aussie rewrite of the old Letter to Dr Laura (crazy religious radio personality)
Anian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:53 pm   #101
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

From the comments so far I fully expect a apoplectic event.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:16 am   #102
iano Male
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsail View Post
From the comments so far I fully expect a apoplectic event.
Not sure why you should expect that. The most compelling example yet showing that these things are hardwired and not a 'lifestyle choice', a 5 year old wouldn't even be aware of such a choice.

Very lucky to have such enlightened parents too, allowing him to establish his identity at such a young age and foregoing the pain/anguish so many others endure for far too long.

You can only hope the likes of Donald Trump watch the video.
iano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!