Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!

Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:56 am   #46
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Control of Mosques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
Don't talk daft, the ones i work with are alright, but they're not into that islam bollocks (which is rare)
What?

The Muslims you work with are alright because they're 'not into that islam bollocks'

OK, stupid cubed, I'll try and help:

Muslim
noun
1. a follower of the religion of Islam.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:08 pm   #47

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What?

The Muslims you work with are alright because they're 'not into that islam bollocks'

OK, stupid cubed, I'll try and help:

Muslim
noun
1. a follower of the religion of Islam.

Maybe he also works with a load of Christians who aren't into that Jesus bollocks?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:21 pm   #48
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Maybe he also works with a load of Christians who aren't into that Jesus bollocks?
I can't be the only person who doesn't understand Stupid Cubed (should give his new names capitals really).

It's just hate. It's just disliking something different and blaming people for a lack of understanding. Claiming to only be labelled a bigot because of 'the left' is the weakest possible defence.

I think we just leave Stupid Cubed to play alone whilst the adults talk?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:47 pm   #49
Closed Account

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Typical reply that from the likes of you...
The likes of me? Well, that's telling!

Quote:
... so it makes me a *bigot* simply because i don't like muslims who attack our way of life and culture and if anyone stands up to them we're branded racist?
You seem to be confusing the terms bigot and racist. I suggest you look at a dictionary... because they don't mean the same thing.

Quote:
... i bet you believe the MEDIA don't ya?
I don't, no - but I have close family who are Muslim. So, when you lump together an entire religion because of a few people, you suggest - by extension - that Christians are nothing more than murdering terrorists themselves because the KKK exist... and that shows your true nature.

So, bigoted? Apparently so. Racist? That's yet to be determined.

Ian
ian-mstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:56 pm   #50
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't talk daft, the ones i work with are alright, but they're not into that islam bollocks (which is rare)
Whenever you enter a thread it descends to swearing, name calling and utter chaos. Can you not express your opinions without dragging threads into the gutter?

I'll give you a choice...either shape up or ship out. I'm hoping you will shape up.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 13th 2017 at 1:03 pm. Reason: Typo
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:02 pm   #51

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I can't be the only person who doesn't understand Stupid Cubed (should give his new names capitals really).

It's just hate. It's just disliking something different and blaming people for a lack of understanding. Claiming to only be labelled a bigot because of 'the left' is the weakest possible defence.

I think we just leave Stupid Cubed to play alone whilst the adults talk?
I would say that it's more fear and personal insecurity and being singularly uninformed - hate implies some sort of basis of knowledge I think. This leads to parroting tabloid headlines, unthinkingly. That sort of behaviour contributes to a poisonous atmosphere - but fortunately it is not indicative of the general atmosphere in the UK. He probably can't find anywhere that allows him to talk that way in person, so he does it on the internet.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:22 pm   #52
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I would say that it's more fear and personal insecurity and being singularly uninformed - hate implies some sort of basis of knowledge I think. This leads to parroting tabloid headlines, unthinkingly. That sort of behaviour contributes to a poisonous atmosphere - but fortunately it is not indicative of the general atmosphere in the UK. He probably can't find anywhere that allows him to talk that way in person, so he does it on the internet.
It's a tragedy, I hope and do believe that you're right though - not indicative.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 3:59 pm   #53
What year is this?
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
So into the article and I'm a little puzzled.

Where are the comparative stats?
Quote:
In recent days, Moroccans have been taken aback by the publication of media reports that state, both directly and indirectly, that Morocco has become a “breeding ground” for terrorism.
Okay, so terrorists are not bred in Morocco. This may well be true. I can't say for sure but I do recall that some of the suspected or known terrorists have originally come from Morocco, or at least lived there, but have since been living elsewhere, so who knows where they actually became radicalised?
Quote:
It must be said that no terrorist attack has taken place in Morocco since 2011. In contrast, many European and other North African countries continue to be shaken by terrorist attacks. The vigilance of Moroccan intelligence services has enabled the country to thwart 341 terrorist attacks since 2002 and dismantle
So while there have been none, they have thwarted 341. That's quite different to there being no (planned) attacks because of the way we've handled matters.

How does this number compare to other countries? Don't we need to see other stats? If other countries have thwarted 50 planned attacks, then there would be a bigger problem in Morocco. If 1000 somewhere else then the claim that Morocco isn't (more of) a breeding ground would be convincing.

That there have been 341 planned but foiled attacks, likely with each one involving multiple terrorists - because as each group is foiled they've likely been convicted and imprisoned - who knows how many have actually been bred in Morocco...hundreds, thousands?

Quote:
The vigilance of Moroccan intelligence services has enabled the country to thwart 341 terrorist attacks since 2002 and dismantle167 terrorist cells, 46 of which were associated with ISIS.
So there have been 167 cells - again, how many in each? - only a quarter of which are ISIS. Goodness, there are 3 times as many 'others'? Perhaps the threat is perceived as lower?

But again, with no comparison we don't know what this looks like.

Except that on the one hand they say Morocco doesn't have the problem while on the other hand they're boasting about how well they've dealt with the problem they don't have.

It's been widely reported that Molenbeek in Belgium is a breeding ground for terrorism. The Jihadi capital of Europe. A largely Moroccan neighborhood by the way.

Have there been any terrorist attacks in Molenbeek? I've not heard of any and googling didn't seem to bring any up. So using the same logic as the article perhaps Molenbeek isn't a breeding ground for terrorism after all.

See how there's not enough information for the article?
BristolUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / Take it Outside!