British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Young couple looking at a move to Spain. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/young-couple-looking-move-spain-901008/)

GlennandLissa Aug 1st 2017 4:09 pm

Young couple looking at a move to Spain.

Hey all me (Glenn) and my wife are seriously considering a move to Spain. Were looking at more of a coastal move. We would like to move come the end of the year as we would be debt free. We're not looking at a holiday we would like to make that quite clear and were really not fussed about pay as long as we can afford to pay rent, bills and put food on the table.
Were open to any opportunities and have a real mix of work experience. We can be more specific but just for now if anybody knows of any oppurtunities arising or any advice for any other sites that could help please contact us.
Many thanks

Glenn & Lissa x

Rosemary Aug 1st 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Young couple looking at a move to Spain.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

GlennandLissa Aug 6th 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Rosemary

Do i need to post a thread on a certain forum to advertise what i put above?

Rosemary Aug 6th 2017 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by GlennandLissa (Post 12310867)
Hi Rosemary

Do i need to post a thread on a certain forum to advertise what i put above?

There is a no advertising policy on the forum but for jobs wanted and job offers there are sections in the main discussion forum listings.

Rosemary

frigilianafreddy Aug 7th 2017 12:10 pm

Finding work is not easy. Rent a cheap apartment for three months and bring enough money to cover that period. If youve not found jobs by then get back to the UK.

KieronF Aug 7th 2017 12:47 pm

There is never an easy way to answer a question like this without sounding discouraging or pessimistic - but sadly, the truth is that it will be extremely difficult for you to find work at the best of times, especially in coastal areas where there is already high unemployment among the local population during the closed season. If you can afford it, save some money and come out for a few months and rent to get a flavour of the area you like and while you are there make some enquiries on the ground about future job prospects. If you find something - great, if not you can head home but at least you will have given it a go.

lurchio Aug 7th 2017 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy (Post 12311218)
Finding work is not easy. Rent a cheap apartment for three months and bring enough money to cover that period. If youve not found jobs by then get back to the UK.

100% agree with this, three months with sufficient funds and roll the dice. All the very best on your adventure, don't burn any bridges or sell up in the UK in pursuit of your dream, just in case it doesn't work out. Good luck!