Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Would you go back to the UK ?

Would you go back to the UK ?

Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:31 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you go back to the UK ?

There should be a memories thread.

Four of us getting a lift from a venta to the station in the bakers van by his young son because the only taxi driver in the village was too pissed to stand up.

Goat bells

The sound of chanting from the village church

Man, two kids and wife on a scooter - only dad wearing a helmet. He was facing back talking to his wife and nearly hit a GC car. They laughed.

A big bathtub being carried through the village on a donkey. For some reason it was across the donkey's back rather than fore and aft.

Two teenage lads riding a mule home from feria, both talking on mobiles, both barely able to stay on.

I could go on for a long time...
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:54 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
There should be a memories thread.
Absolutely there should be. Two cows being taken for a walk along the pavement of a busy road. The neighbours doing two trips to the hypermarket on a scooter. First trip a plastic garden table, second trip 4 plastic garden chairs A man on a bike with a shopping trolley tied to the front and a goat in it. A man on a bike riding up hill with a trailer on the back holding an incredible amount of spuds, another man and two dogs. I could go on. Only in Spain, I´m never surprised and I love it.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:55 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
At the moment I don't think I would, I certainly don't want to at present. However, I don't think any of us can ever say with any certainty what we would actually do in certain circumstances, like a partner dying or a very serious illness. Sometimes the way you feel when something like that happens is very different from how you might have imagined you would feel.
So true as is what TCW said.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

I have a wonderful photograph of when we were down sizing in France. Please how does this guy who knows nothing attach a photograph to this site?
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
I have a wonderful photograph of when we were down sizing in France. Please how does this guy who knows nothing attach a photograph to this site?
The icon that has the yellow in it above the mountain, on quick reply its 7th in, on the quote reply its 14th on the second line
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Ok lets have a memories slot. It does not matter the basis of the memories could be anywhere and not necessarily Spain or France.

Lets have some fun

Like Normandie wonderful house with so many acres when it was a holiday home then full time home................and then hit by lightening three times and the plugs turning black. What is it lightening does not strike twice?

Then a neighbour and when walking Jean Claude the Basset and Bridie the Staffie in the morning at 8.30 always used to ask us in for a coffee and a calva. Later I was banned by my wife for taking that direction.

Again with the greatest of respect was brought up in a baptist chapel environment in Wales with all the family being Lay preachers. Conventional wisdom was always black at a funeral.

First funeral in France for a dear French friend in the height of summer suitable dressed as I thought. Not so everyone turned up in summer shorts and t shirts and flip flops. It is not the occasion it is the celebration of the life of the person who has left us. I had to take my jacket off my tie and then........................
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andyrich666
The icon that has the yellow in it above the mountain, on quick reply its 7th in, on the quote reply its 14th on the second line

thanks I will ask my wife who is the expert in all things.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Walking to a bar in Spain via a small residential street where kids were playing football. Got hit on the back of the head much to the shrieking delight of a dozen kids. Ended up in goal for a while. Exhausted I staggered into the bar to a mini round of applause and a free beer. Oddly enough the next time I went in no-one talked to me. Good while it lasted.

Definitely going downstairs now.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:23 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Porth

First funeral in France for a dear French friend in the height of summer suitable dressed as I thought. Not so everyone turned up in summer shorts and t shirts and flip flops. It is not the occasion it is the celebration of the life of the person who has left us. I had to take my jacket off my tie and then........................
Same here
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

And establishing the annual runner bean contest at the Bar Sportif in Le Minihic sur Rance. Essentially an opportunity of consuming lots of rose plus a wonderful barbecue.

First year and the competition was and continues to be for the largest runner bean.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Memories....

Having a few pints of bitter or cider at the packed out seaside terrace of the Kings Head pub in Torremolinos, with all the noise and cheering.... after a belly-buster lunch of sausage, heinz-beans, egg and chips - and watching the Arsenal win the Premier league vs Man U ... whilst overlooking the Med and the Spanish fishing boats...

Aaaah..... takes me back.....

( )

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 28th 2013 at 7:37 am.