work remotely, how?

work remotely, how?

Old May 17th 2017, 6:37 pm
mgh
Just Joined

mgh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work remotely, how?

Hi all!!!
I have read in several of your posts that some of you work remotely for a UK company from Spain.

We are interested in doing this, however, do you have any advise as how to achieve this/ what kind of jobs are easier to obtain that allow this?

Thanks!
Old May 17th 2017, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

KenkuBCN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work remotely, how?

Hi everybody,

@mgh I had a friend from Canada that he was working remotely for a Canadian company and he was living in Barcelona, in his case he is a developer / programmer so it's a kind of job that you don't necessarily need to be tied up to a fixed schedule or location...but not all jobs offer that possibility.

Either you are employeed within an office job that already allows employees sometimes to work from home, and you proof your skills and you try to arrange a deal or you become a content creator like Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat content.

Wish you the best.
Old May 18th 2017, 6:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenkuBCN
Hi everybody,

@mgh I had a friend from Canada that he was working remotely for a Canadian company and he was living in Barcelona, in his case he is a developer / programmer so it's a kind of job that you don't necessarily need to be tied up to a fixed schedule or location...but not all jobs offer that possibility.

Either you are employeed within an office job that already allows employees sometimes to work from home, and you proof your skills and you try to arrange a deal or you become a content creator like Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat content.

Wish you the best.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2017, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mgh
Hi all!!!
I have read in several of your posts that some of you work remotely for a UK company from Spain.

We are interested in doing this, however, do you have any advise as how to achieve this/ what kind of jobs are easier to obtain that allow this?

Thanks!
A number of options

1. Your employer employs you as a "work from home" employee. They will have to the facility to register to you in Spain and pay the appropriate Spanish NI and tax etc. Your employer at even have to set up a Spanish subsidiary to do this

2. You ca gno freelance (contracting) and set up as self employed (autonomo) or a ltd company (SL)

3. Some employers can second you overseas for a set period but again they would have to manage tax etc.

Speak to your employer and the HMRC in UK and the tax man in Spain for accurate info

I do not think that you will be able to reside and work full time in Spain and be employed by a UK company as "work form home" under UK employment contract tax etc.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice

I worked for the same UK company for years. When I decided to move to Spain, it wasn't possible to remain as an employee in the UK with them but they wanted to retain my skills. I had to "leave" their employment and then register as freelance (autonomo) in Spain. I pay tax here and my Social Security contributions here, which are around EUR282 per month whether you have any work or not. I bill them for my hours worked and have a contract. Being freelance, also gives me the option to work for other companies too, plus take more than the standard 25-30 days holiday It all works fine for me.
Good luck.