Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

Old May 23rd 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

Have heard this morning that lawyers in Chiclana who do not do their job properly and leave people with problems when buying a property etc are now being denounced by one of their own kind! From what I can gather he is taking this drastic step because he is fed up to the teeth of being painted with the same brush. Also because of the loss of faith that people now have with a number of lawyers in Chiclana and the bad publicity that his profession is getting now
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

Where did you hear this?
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

Originally Posted by glynis
Where did you hear this?
We heard it today from a reputable and trusted source - it is not just idle gossip if you know what I mean.

Old May 25th 2005, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

What does it mean exactly to "denounce" someone? Is it naming and shaming?
Old May 25th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

Originally Posted by dazzle

As far as I understand it means you are lodging a complaint usually at the Police Station about a person or company with whom you have a grievance. So in a way you are right!!! :scared:
Old May 26th 2005, 8:00 am
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dazzle
A 'denouncia' is simply a statement to the Police. It can be used for anything from noisy neighbours to criminal assault, or worse. What action the Police take is .....well up to them

I hope things improve, I would hate the Costa de Luz to end up like the Costa del Sol

Best of luck,

Jock
Old May 26th 2005, 9:55 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
As far as I understand it means you are lodging a complaint usually at the Police Station about a person or company with whom you have a grievance. So in a way you are right!!! :scared:
It's Spanish custom to go round filing Denuncia's about all in sundry. Sadly it seldom means anything.
Old May 26th 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: A Wonderous Miracle Oh Should It Happen To Mine

What Is A Denuncia?

When I first moved to Spain I heard people talk about a "Denuncia" and this got me to wonder what is a "Denuncia"? Well I have found out and I shall pass on what I discovered. The Spanish word really means only "To Report" or "To Declare" in other words, it is a police report. If you have property stolen you will report the matter to the Guardia Civil.

If your neighbor threatens to "Denounce" you it only means to report you - you are not going to be put into the stocks and stoned in the Gran Via, well not nowadays. You can make a "Denuncia" at the local Guardia Civil police station. If you can't speak Spanish it would be wise to have a interpreter with you. You can also telephone the police on 092-102-112 and ask them to help you do this in English. You will need to give the details slowly and carefully and then you will be given a reference number for you to take to your nearest police station within 48 hours, where you will be asked to sign the statement.
Old May 29th 2005, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about
Default denuncia

I have several friends who have been either the person making the denuncia or the denounced and as far as I can see its quite a serious matter. A written denuncia will eventually be brought before a local judge and can have quite serious repercussions. IMHO they are not something which should be treated lightly.
Old May 29th 2005, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: denuncia

Originally Posted by meseta
I have several friends who have been either the person making the denuncia or the denounced and as far as I can see its quite a serious matter. A written denuncia will eventually be brought before a local judge and can have quite serious repercussions. IMHO they are not something which should be treated lightly.
Sounds like a very serious matter indeed.