Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will my TV and DVD work in Spain

Will my TV and DVD work in Spain

Old Nov 13th 2003, 5:59 am
Just Joined

willmags is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will my TV and DVD work in Spain

My UK TV is about 18 months old and the DVD is brand new. I have now read somewhere that both will not work in Spain because of different frequency used.

Has anybody been there, done that.

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2003, 10:49 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will my TV and DVD work in Spain

Originally posted by willmags
My UK TV is about 18 months old and the DVD is brand new. I have now read somewhere that both will not work in Spain because of different frequency used.

Has anybody been there, done that.

Thanks
Been there, done that and they will both work fine. There used to be a problem with the sound on TV's but that was a few years ago. You're most likely be using satellite so even if that was still the case it wouldn't matter.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

willmags is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Sibsie. Much appreciated.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Been there, done that and they will both work fine. There used to be a problem with the sound on TV's but that was a few years ago. You're most likely be using satellite so even if that was still the case it wouldn't matter.
i´d have to agree with sibsie on that one. our tele´s are 4(ish) years old, and they show the picture but have no sound when watching spanish tv. when using with sky they work perfectly tho.

dvd players are independant units and will therefore work, ie: they dont rely on an outside signal to work, so they are working the same way as they would in the uk, direct dvd-video connection. (put simply, yes it´ll work)
Old Nov 17th 2003, 2:47 am
Just Joined

gazzza is an unknown quantity at this point

As with the postings above all should work ok
I have 3 English T.V s all ok
BUT IF you have a problem buy a Spanish Video to pick up the signal then plug into your English TV that works too
Im on cable here with about 16 UK stations etc But the only problem I have is with the Colour on one of the French networks
Old Nov 29th 2003, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason why the French network has colour problems is due to the 'Secam L' that the French insist on using. When you buy a TV in France, it's a real multi-system (i.e. it has Pal, Secam, Secam L, Jap NTSC and US NTSC). That way, it will work almost anywhere.

Most multi-system TVs bought outside france have NTSC/PAL and Secam but are usually missing the secam L system needed for many French networks.

My advice is watch the BBC instead.