Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will a freeview box work in spain

Will a freeview box work in spain

Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

grantmikey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will a freeview box work in spain

Hi all, I have been told that a uk freeview box will work in Spain? Can anyone enlighten me. Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will a freeview box work in spain

A Freeview box will work in Spain but it will obviously only give you Spanish digital channels.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
A Freeview box will work in Spain but it will obviously only give you Spanish digital channels.
Hi, what about a free to air satellite kit if i bought a bigger dish?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi, what about a free to air satellite kit if i bought a bigger dish?
Free to air Sat receiver will receive all the FTA channels.( NB this is not the same as the SKY FTV channels for example CH4/5 and Sky three, these will require a SKY Digibox and SKY FTV Card) as always size is important. the bigger one you hve the better (Dish that is), depending on where you are in Spain,you will need from a 1.2m to a 2.4M to receive ITV and BBC channels on 28.2 E Astra.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Free to air Sat receiver will receive all the FTA channels.( NB this is not the same as the SKY FTV channels for example CH4/5 and Sky three, these will require a SKY Digibox and SKY FTV Card) as always size is important. the bigger one you hve the better (Dish that is), depending on where you are in Spain,you will need from a 1.2m to a 2.4M to receive ITV and BBC channels on 28.2 E Astra.
Hi,
Fta channels (what are they?) well i bought this sat systems at the weekend as the freeview broke, i cant get channel 4 and 5 on it but can get everything else sky etc (including naughty channels )
It came with a dish but this is only a little one and i thought i would have to have bigger in spain.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Hi,
Fta channels (what are they?) well i bought this sat systems at the weekend as the freeview broke, i cant get channel 4 and 5 on it but can get everything else sky etc (including naughty channels )
It came with a dish but this is only a little one and i thought i would have to have bigger in spain.
My bugbear subject! I think it rather depends upon your geographical location in Spain. For me, currently the answer appears to be "No", unfortunately.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by un-mundo
My bugbear subject! I think it rather depends upon your geographical location in Spain. For me, currently the answer appears to be "No", unfortunately.
Inland from malaga about 30km
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Lucky you. No chance about a mile or two north of Beni or a mile south of Javea. No go zone.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Lucky you. No chance about a mile or two north of Beni or a mile south of Javea. No go zone.
Hi,
I know some people say t.v is not everything but i want some
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Miss Naughty]Hi,
I know some people say t.v is not everything, South of Beni and North of Javea, believe me, that has the problem.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Hi,
I know some people say t.v is not everything but i want some
You will need a Bigger dish in Malaga area, but luckily it will need only be about a 1.2M which is considerably cheaper than us up in the CB where we need 1.8M or 2.4M ( cost from about 650 to 1000€), you should get away with a couple of hundred at most!!!