Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

why stay in england

why stay in england

Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why stay in england

If you think that the UK's road are covered with brand new cars, I would suggest , having read your previous post, that you link up with BUPA for the rose coloured glasses removal operation.

Rating succes is relative. If one hasn't got two halfpennies to rub together then some one with five pounds could be considered successful.

I'm sure that Blair has conceived an ASBO for everything and everyone, not just the "chosen few".
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective

If you think that the UK's road are covered with brand new cars, I would suggest , having read your previous post, that you link up with BUPA for the rose coloured glasses removal operation.
Rating succes is relative. If one hasn't got two halfpennies to rub together then some one with five pounds could be considered successful.
I'm sure that Blair has conceived an ASBO for everything and everyone, not just the "chosen few".

If you're comparing Bangerism in the seventies to now then fair comment, theres a lot less sh!te on the road now .... but on the other hand perhaps its just hidden better because the bodywork lasts a bit longer. After all, an Austin Allegro used to disintergrate after several years, and that was only if you could hang on to the square steering wheel for that long
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Want an Austin Allegro Mitzyboy?
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...earch_full.y=5

a bit of a long winded URL but there out there for sale.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Want an Austin Allegro Mitzyboy?
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...earch_full.y=5

a bit of a long winded URL but there out there for sale.
That is just ridiculous ... how can there be an allegro around with only 20k on the clock .........
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:20 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You would be correct, they are now being issued for hedges of Leylandii.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
.......................................Allegro used to disintergrate after several years, and that was only if you could hang on to the square steering wheel for that long
It wasn't square it was "quartic" FFS!!! Marketing men haven't changed since the seventies even though Spain is no longer medieval!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to believe it's just the rose tinted specs that make cars older than about 10 years disappear?

My point WAS that in the OPs opinion his mates were doing well.

ASBOs = a PC clip round the ear?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You would be correct, they are now being issued for hedges of Leylandii.
Hmmm,
You can buy a couple of tons of copper nails for the price of a single ASBO
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

brucer is an unknown quantity at this point

My reasons for leaving England
a)boring job, wages not keeping up with inflation
b)high council taxes more than I can afford with my meagre pension
c)increasing car tax, increasing cost of petrol
d)therefore increasing cost of food, et al
e)weather
I think thats enough to put anybody off living in england
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Brucer,
know where youre coming from my man.
Welcome to BE.

wherewould you like to be?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

kpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lionda
Mmm I can see your dilemma - Wigan or Spain

If you are enjoying living in England why are you on the ex-pats forum - just wondering
And you live where?

Wigan versus Spain!

What a stupid comparison. Wigan versus some town of 300,000 people in Spain, then bring the debate on. Wigan versus some some town in Spain that has dragged itself up by its bootstraps from the ravages of 500 years of coal mining then bring it on.

This was I thought a good open honest well debated thread, but unfortunately brought down to a level of inane drivel by a smarmy comment that adds nothing to the debate.

Kevin
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:12 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by leighbloke
It wasn't square it was "quartic" FFS!!! Marketing men haven't changed since the seventies even though Spain is no longer medieval!!
quartic fawtic ........... it was bloody square
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:13 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by kpw4v
And you live where?

Wigan versus Spain!

What a stupid comparison. Wigan versus some town of 300,000 people in Spain, then bring the debate on. Wigan versus some some town in Spain that has dragged itself up by its bootstraps from the ravages of 500 years of coal mining then bring it on.

This was I thought a good open honest well debated thread, but unfortunately brought down to a level of inane drivel by a smarmy comment that adds nothing to the debate.

Kevin
Chill Kevin .... its only a forum discussion
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Be fair Kevin,
Youre the only person Iv'e ever met that put down a reason for not leaving UK as "Bolton Wanders" !!!!

Had you said "Peter Kay" !!!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

brucer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brucer,
know where youre coming from my man.
Welcome to BE.

wherewould you like to be?
I have a house in Albox and am planning to be out there by the end of the year
The thought of working for the next 9 months is driving me crackers
I cant wait for the big move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.