Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What has happened to the weather??

What has happened to the weather??

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:01 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What has happened to the weather??

Originally Posted by Lionda
If you can find a place to sleep amongst all the boxes you will be welcome My daughter has worked with the elderly as an auxiliary nurse so she will be on hand should you need any help
Dont let him stay Lionda, he will stink out the house with his mulligatawy soup (yes I am jealous)
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Dont let him stay Lionda, he will stink out the house with his mulligatawy soup (yes I am jealous)
Stopped raining so had a walk round the garden, some of the flowers and weeds .
Attached Thumbnails What has happened to the weather??-22-04-07_1446.jpg   What has happened to the weather??-22-04-07_1452.jpg   What has happened to the weather??-22-04-07_1457.jpg   What has happened to the weather??-22-04-07_1455.jpg   What has happened to the weather??-22-04-07_1456.jpg  

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:38 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Not raining here to day Not the best of days so far but I think the sun may win through the clouds, it's trying very hard. I feel much warmer than yesterday. may drag myself from this chair and go far a walk on the beach.

JDR, the flowers are beautiful, I wish this dial up was faster then I could show you my melons that I grew last year, I was so proud of the, thought I will give them another go this year.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Can't really complain about the rain when it keeps your garden looking like that
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Can't really complain about the rain when it keeps your garden looking like that
They are still like that without the rain though. ;-)
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:59 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They are still like that without the rain though. ;-)
The flowers are really nice,its nice and dry here in Wakefield,the sun is there somewhere,but shucks no beach.......may manage a lake or two
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:10 pm

The sun won through, it is a beautiful evening here, went for my walk but not to the beach just had a stroll around where I live and had a look in the Estate Agents window to see if my house details are there yet, not yet so I will have to chase her next week. Can not believe the difference in weather, it's 7pm now and we have all the doors open, no heating on and better still no jumpers on, the pool looks so inviting, I can't reach the turtle as he is floating in the middle of the pool so I don't know what temperature it is but I think I can safely say it is too cold for me. Oh I do hope it warms up soon I am feeling really sluggish I really need to be doing some splashing on a daily basis now.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:28 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Oh I do hope it warms up soon I am feeling really sluggish I really need to be doing some splashing on a daily basis now.
I have been for a walk has well,we went to a nice spot here:Walton Nature Reserve, It was very pleasant to wander around the lakes,stopping to watch the swans,its nice to see all the trees looking so green again and the buds on them,also the apple blossom is out now,the wooded areas are carpeted with bluebells,and there is large scattering of wild spring flowers,we wandered around the lakes then returned via the edge of the canal,it was so pleasant to see a duck with several of her chicks in pursuit,on the field side of the canel you have the horses that wander to greet you,George likes to give them a kiss.Ah well ,it may not be Spain,but there is still a lot to be said for the good old English countryside.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by jandy44
I have been for a walk has well,we went to a nice spot here:Walton Nature Reserve, It was very pleasant to wander around the lakes,stopping to watch the swans,its nice to see all the trees looking so green again and the buds on them,also the apple blossom is out now,the wooded areas are carpeted with bluebells,and there is large scattering of wild spring flowers,we wandered around the lakes then returned via the edge of the canal,it was so pleasant to see a duck with several of her chicks in pursuit,on the field side of the canel you have the horses that wander to greet you,George likes to give them a kiss.Ah well ,it may not be Spain,but there is still a lot to be said for the good old English countryside.

Just popped into the kitchen to check the roast tatties, the back door is open the birds nesting in the fig tree in the farmers field behind the house are singing the little hearts out. The farmers out there working, he grows all sort of veg I think it is either for his personal family use or maybe he has an outlet for it. I love this time of night here, the sun is on the side of my house and I stand on the door step looking over the wall I just watch the cars going by on the otherside of the field. Bliss, just bliss.

I always loved the UK in the spring, I remember going out one spring day and coming across a woods filled to bursting with Bluebells, oh the memory is still with me, the colour and the smell it was as if the wood was covered in carpet. I got really excited by it as I had never seen anything like it before we went back the following year but sadly it wasn't the same.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Just popped into the kitchen to check the roast tatties, the back door is open the birds nesting in the fig tree in the farmers field behind the house are singing the little hearts out. The farmers out there working, he grows all sort of veg I think it is either for his personal family use or maybe he has an outlet for it. I love this time of night here, the sun is on the side of my house and I stand on the door step looking over the wall I just watch the cars going by on the otherside of the field. Bliss, just bliss.

I always loved the UK in the spring, I remember going out one spring day and coming across a woods filled to bursting with Bluebells, oh the memory is still with me, the colour and the smell it was as if the wood was covered in carpet. I got really excited by it as I had never seen anything like it before we went back the following year but sadly it wasn't the same.
Where were you in the UK when you saw the bluebell woods?

Rosemary
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hmmm...sam parky...soup not arrived yet ehh..bet you can almost taste it can't you...eh..eh.. I will be taking a case full to Malaga on Tuesday..so close but so far eh..
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Nice..do you prune Olives..??...
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jandy44
The flowers are really nice,its nice and dry here in Wakefield,the sun is there somewhere,but shucks no beach.......may manage a lake or two
Hi Jandy44, looking forward to my trip next week, I have booked a table in El Pilon, Competa...I will have a drink for you come rain or shine and say hello..
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Where were you in the UK when you saw the bluebell woods?

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary

It was a place called Groombridge near Tunbridge Wells in East Sussex.

If anyone wants a great day out I can recommend it, there is an Estate there called Groombrige House and it if you have young children, or if you are of more mature years looking for a day of romance with your new OH then this is the place to go. We went in September once and there was the most amazing maze made from sunflower plants again so much excitement as sunflower are one of my favorite flowers. It is not from another great place called Sissinghurst that's in Kent but near to Groombridge. The gardens there are privately owned and only open on certain days.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:11 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hi Jandy44, looking forward to my trip next week, I have booked a table in El Pilon, Competa...I will have a drink for you come rain or shine and say hello..
That sounds wonderfull Budda69,dont tempt me the airport sounds inviting,have a large scotch on ice........or a magno and coke on ice....blinking heck the airports a good idea .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.