Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What to do when the Guardia have it in for you?

What to do when the Guardia have it in for you?

Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do when the Guardia have it in for you?

Originally Posted by livit
Not for me, more for the site rules.....

I honestly couldn't care less.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Mr Livit is implementing his own rules too as well as the Spanish. lol
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:19 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Looks like Mr Livit is implementing his own rules too as well as the Spanish. lol
Have I broken site rules.

OOppp`s all this legal stuff giving me a headache now.

Guess though if a member of a countries law enforcement officer issues a ticket, chances are there right.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Guess though if a member of a countries law enforcement officer issues a ticket, chances are there right.
You have now posted so much legalese that I have lost track of what you are trying to say.

What I said was that it was OPTIONAL to either exchange your licence or have the details registered.

You can confirm this on the trafico website where they clearly say it is optional which is precisely what the law says.

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten..._Y_NORUEGA.pdf

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten..._Y_NORUEGA.pdf

As has been said many times by many people on this forum the only sensible approach to the "problem" is to GET A SPANISH LICENCE - optional or otherwise!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

More to the point, have you read the rules ?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:48 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Sorry, this is simply not correct - or if it is, then it is not enforced! A colleague of mine was stopped for (his van) being overweight. He showed residencia, padron, DL, passport etc. etc. and was fined 3301e. He was told that it had to be paid immediately before they would release the vehicle to him.

Suffice to say, the reason I know all this is that I had to organise the payment for him as he had no money with him and no means to get any. He has since asked for the 30% rebate (via an abogado) for paying within 15 days (he actually paid on the same day) but 3 months on is still waiting!!!

He was NOT running a business, simply carrying goods from A to B

Was his vehicle on Spanish or UK plates?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Good bit in the Legal Information on foreign cars in the surinenglish this week, but I can`t find the page online.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:41 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fred James

As has been said many times by many people on this forum the only sensible approach to the "problem" is to GET A SPANISH LICENCE - optional or otherwise!
Which is what I was trying to prove.

Spanish have been in a EU court because they haven`t followed the EU directives regarding the law.

A Spanish law officer has issued a ticket which unless the poster can prove is illegal will stand up in court.

Since the ticket has been issued, its obvious what the law states.

Unless members here want to go with the guy and state the Guardia are wrong
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:57 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Unless members here want to go with the guy and state the Guardia are wrong
Of course they are wrong - we all know that.

We also know that they make up the rules as they go along - but that doesn't make them right.

All you have to do is take the ticket - don't pay on the spot and get your insurance company to sort it out - it should be part of your policy.

When challenged the Guardia never go to court and the fine gets binned.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hardly dealt with and wrongly fined?

Really?

And if they had killed someone while sat on the phone on that vitally important phone call how would they have felt?

The harsher the fine the more likely people are to actually take notice, let people off all the time and no one ever learns.
We're talking about the driving licence issue.
On the phone issue I have accepted the fact that I broke the law and will pay the fine accordingly.
I believe that it should also be against the law for one armed people to talk to passengers.

But thanks for your sanctimonious considerations anyway, it's appreciated.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
We're talking about the driving licence issue.
On the phone issue I have accepted the fact that I broke the law and will pay the fine accordingly.
I believe that it should also be against the law for one armed people to talk to passengers.

But thanks for your sanctimonious considerations anyway, it's appreciated.
Anytime.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
Blimey - they give licences to one armed people here?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:55 pm
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

You deserve what ever you get, so many people have been killed when someone has been on a mobile while driving.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london52
You deserve what ever you get, so many people have been killed when someone has been on a mobile while driving.
And whilst eating a sandwich, whilst winding down a window, whilst looking down to change gear, whilst changing radio station, whilst lighting a cigarette, whilst having a sneezing fit, whilst talking to a passenger, whilst talking hands free ...........

There are so many things that can cause lack of concentration, and we've all done at least one of them
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:17 am
Banned

I think the lesson`s to be learn`t as a resident are

A) Get a Spanish license

B) Be prepared to be prosecuted for breakin laws.

C) Guardia Traffico no the rules, armchair lawers don`t.

With Spain trying to reduce the law breakin/deaths on it`s road, drivers need to be aware that tough policing is policy in some regions and will follow in others fairly soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.