Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Watch Sky Sports free online

Watch Sky Sports free online

Old Aug 25th 2015, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Watch Sky Sports free online

Originally Posted by Fred James
It seems to me that some people who claim that IPTV offers good picture quality have never watched a Full HD signal on a decent TV - it's chalk and cheese.

Now, "acceptable" picture quality is different - some people will be happy to watch a very bad picture.

The best IPTV pictures I have seen are from BBC iPlayer and we only have 2.5mb/s so cannot access their HQ stream. It is definitely better than the SD satellite picture (which we also have as a comparison).
If you were to have 8 mb/s, and pay for FilmOn HD, which includes recording without adverts, you would see that IPTV is extremely good!!! The best way though for IPTV, is to use a HUMAX PVR, now that is definitely HD, and has the OD options as well. I'm not surprised that with your 2.5 mb/s you have a lousy picture, but for some of us with a decent setup, IPTV picture quality is excellent.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 5:55 pm
Banned

Mike8608 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the gripe with everybody on here. A person tries to give an idea to watch sport for no cost. If you don't like it don't use it but let everybody form their own opinion about whether or not the quality of the picture is good enough for them
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
If you were to have 8 mb/s, and pay for FilmOn HD, which includes recording without adverts, you would see that IPTV is extremely good!!! The best way though for IPTV, is to use a HUMAX PVR, now that is definitely HD, and has the OD options as well. I'm not surprised that with your 2.5 mb/s you have a lousy picture, but for some of us with a decent setup, IPTV picture quality is excellent.
It's acceptable, it's not good. I have tried high speed connections with my 4G phone providing a 50mb connection and it really isn't HD.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 25th 2015 at 6:34 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike8608
let everybody form their own opinion about whether or not the quality of the picture is good enough for them
As I said,"acceptable" picture quality is different - some people will be happy to watch a very bad picture. It's a personal choice. If that's all that is available to you, then fine - you can watch TV.

My point is that actual picture quality is NOT a personal opinion - it is based on the methods used to supply the signal and is measurable. IPTV, generally, is not capable of producing Full HD quality - with just a few exceptions.

That said, many users are quite happy with what they get, but please, let's not pretend it is 1080i HD quality - which is what I get from my Intelsat 907 system.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I've never understood peoples obsession with picture quality. As long as you can follow the story (drama or sport) thats enough. Think about how much effort is put in to a big Hollywood movie to put most of the screen out of focus in so many shots. Detail is not needed to tell most stories. You could take away my HD screen and I would not complain.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but you do need some quality

Ffs watching football on Sportsdevil for example is like watching a game in a snowstorm through a Venetian blind!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:26 pm
Banned

Fred James if picture quality is not a personal opinion why is it you keep going on about it
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:30 pm

Because if you claim that a particular IPTV source is HD quality, then that is probably incorrect, if only technically but, to say so is potentially misleading.

If you claim that you are happy with the picture quality then that is clearly a personal opinion and perfectly valid.

Simple.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:52 pm
Banned

Fred James quite simply I have not seen anybody claiming that IPTV source is HD quality. You appear to be trying to make a point that Intelsat 907 is the only system to use.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I've never understood peoples obsession with picture quality. As long as you can follow the story (drama or sport) thats enough. Think about how much effort is put in to a big Hollywood movie to put most of the screen out of focus in so many shots. Detail is not needed to tell most stories. You could take away my HD screen and I would not complain.
Exactly! It's a bit like the '70s when HiFi became all the rage. Plonkers sat there saying "Listen to the wonderful clarity of that treble and bass", completely oblivious to the musical content.
With IPTV, it depends on your location and the quality of the equipment being used. I researched online for the best model HD TV for internet use. There are only a few TVs that are suitable. The best HD ones were a model from the LG range, and one from Samsung, I chose the Samsung) and I had the computer built for me by Novatech (a fantastic company in Porchester, Hants!), using components that were best suited for internet TV use.
I'd had enough of the loss of sat. signal in the evenings when weather conditions were poor, and having the dish realigned after strong winds.
The Guys Grand Prix picture shows just how bad his location/setup is.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 8:52 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

The Guys Grand Prix picture shows just how bad his location/setup is.
Nope. My set ups are fine thank you.
(it was the same on the various androids I have and PC, on the recently upgraded 30meg adsl line - cheers movistar! - helps being less than 500m from the exchange!)
It was plain and simply crap streams that weekend - so many broken links and "working" messages....

I'd had enough of the loss of sat. signal in the evenings when weather conditions were poor, and having the dish realigned after strong winds.
Just goes to show how bad your set up was!
As now this area, sat signals are now better than ever - even my 80x85cm dish just about gets BBC HD channels...(ok right on the very limit but they are there!)

Last edited by The Guy; Aug 25th 2015 at 9:05 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:20 pm

Getting back to the original post about Sky Sports online, you will rarely get a decent picture (better than SD) as most the IPTV feeds rely on illegal CS sources. Some time ago, Sky changed their encryption/locking receivers, so that the only available CS streams are in SD only at best.

By the time these SD streams are pushed out from various illegal servers in Russia and the Ukraine, the quality has plummeted which is why the PQ is so bad. Depending on location, BT Sports and ESPN are still available in HD.

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 26th 2015 at 12:52 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Guy
Nope. My set ups are fine thank you.
(it was the same on the various androids I have and PC, on the recently upgraded 30meg adsl line - cheers movistar! - helps being less than 500m from the exchange!)
It was plain and simply crap streams that weekend - so many broken links and "working" messages....

Just goes to show how bad your set up was!
As now this area, sat signals are now better than ever - even my 80x85cm dish just about gets BBC HD channels...(ok right on the very limit but they are there!)
1. And the make & model of your computer is?
2. High winds shift dishes and rain spoils signals, fact.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this our man in the IoW going to tell 'the guy' how to set up his system, should be good
Old Aug 26th 2015, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lyric050203
Is this our man in the IoW going to tell 'the guy' how to set up his system, should be good
It's the man who is in Alicante for a month or three, who is asking the make & model of The Guy's computer. I have been researching and using IPTV for many years and have a fair knowledge on the subject. Most people use their existing desk/laptop computer (which are completely unsuitable), and expect it to perform in a roll that it wasn't designed for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.