Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Warning regarding Direct Debits

Warning regarding Direct Debits

Old Mar 28th 2017, 1:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warning regarding Direct Debits

I had my car tax renewal notice last week but this time it said that it had to be paid using the form. As I had set up direct debit for this two years ago and last year there was no problem I went to the town hall to ask why I had received that particular notification. They contacted trafico and were told that there seemed to have been a problem with several of the banks and some people were having to set up the domiciliar again and I was one of the unlucky ones.

So if you have set up payments as domiciliares be aware that they may be hiccups with some.

Rosemary
Old Mar 28th 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning regarding Direct Debits

Rosemary - does SUMA cover your area? (Alicante municipal tax collecting agency for those who are unaware) The town hall seems to have got involved with car tax which I fail to understand if they are paying SUMA to do the job. OK noted thanks.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think that SUMA cover my area, but I have not looked into it. When I bought the car I had to go to the town hall to register it for car tax, they gave me a piece of paper to be paid at the bank and to set up the domiciliar.

Rosemary
Old Mar 29th 2017, 10:13 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I do not think that SUMA cover my area, but I have not looked into it. When I bought the car I had to go to the town hall to register it for car tax, they gave me a piece of paper to be paid at the bank and to set up the domiciliar.

Rosemary
No it doesn't. As I understand it SUMA is only for the province of Alicante.

I suspect the town hall are involved as a cost cutting exercise - it's their money afterall.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by snikpoh
No it doesn't. As I understand it SUMA is only for the province of Alicante.

I suspect the town hall are involved as a cost cutting exercise - it's their money afterall.
Thanks, I thought that SUMA was Alicante but was not sure. The people in my town hall said that trafico sent out the notification to pay but the money is for hacienda. I believe that it is then filtered down to the town hall.

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2017, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

The car tax is the only one that I do not pay by direct debit because of problems in the past. I get the demand, just had one in fact, and I get two months to pay, it's the only time I ever visit the bank to pay a bill.