Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone.es please help me before I go insane!

Vodafone.es please help me before I go insane!

Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

siteservices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vodafone.es please help me before I go insane!

Hi there several weeks ago we went on the Vodafone.es website to purchase Internet, wifi router and mobile phone sim. Were pestered by phone calls - all in English - until we signed up and were sent the contract. A date was set for the initial visit at beginning of april. We live in England so aren't there all the time. We spent 5 days there and nothing happened at all. we cannot use any of the various numbers that appear on the website as they are all pre-recorded Spanish (I know it's our fault we can't speak the language but there was no problem them speaking English until we signed up). We went into the Vodafone shop in Torremolinos and asked if they could help us. They gave us the customer for Extranjeros and said just keep saying English English English but this didn't work. They said they could not help further as it was an internet purchase. We have a Spanish speaking friend who called the number and was cut off. Please does anyone have a contact number/email or anything where we can try and contact them. We received phone calls while we were away in Spanish but we could understand that they had tried to deliver the router and not been able to that morning even though we were sat in the apartment waiting. We have spent I don't know how much on phone calls and got precisely nowhere
Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone.es please help me before I go insane!

Welcome to Spain

Just wait until you try to get out of the Vodacrap contract
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:18 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately this is typical Vodafone, their service is lousy and has to be amongst the worst in the country. We had a pre pay mobile with them that was cut off due to an outstanding bill from before we even had the number. If you can get out of the contract (good luck trying) then do it and use a different provider. The term "customer service" doesn't mean jack over here.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:19 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I have a UK mobile on Vodaphone, no problems (low user on PAYGO)
I have a SP mobile on Movistar, no problems (low user on PAYGO)
I have landline and ADSL on Movistar, no problems (different contract to above)

all SP contact has been carried out by mobile to Movistar and asking for English speaker which was provided.
The ADSL was done online, the contractor found a problem when he came to install (couldn't get the pull-thru to go from pavement to house) which I resolved and gave them a call and he came out and did the job.
No arguements and the contract didn't start until the day he logged me on to their system

sri.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 6:01 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I think the moral of this story, like so many others, is that in Spain, it often seems that service is the customer's problem. Pesky customers, coming in here wanting stuff... Hey! We have business to run here. Can't be wasting time serving customers.

But that's just another part of the charm...