Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Using Sabadell Debit Card in UK

Using Sabadell Debit Card in UK

Old Nov 10th 2017, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using Sabadell Debit Card in UK

Originally Posted by amideislas
OK... But in practice, that's actually how it is. It's still impossible to send money anywhere abroad with my UK account without visiting a branch and filling out paperwork. The "transfer" business is all but exclusively a UK cottage industry. There's a reason for that.
I can go online and transfer (instantly) to overseas accounts...no need to visit a branch; in fact I've not been in the branch for four or five years.

More and more UK branches are closing down as the banks encourage online banking. You need to update amideislas, your behind the times.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

OK... But in practice, that's actually how it is. It's still impossible to send money anywhere abroad with my UK account without visiting a branch and filling out paperwork. The "transfer" business is all but exclusively a UK cottage industry. There's a reason for that.
I send money abroad regularly out of my UK bank account but prefer not to use the bank's own service as the exchange rate tends to be poor compared to the many other providers who offer the same service. Normally takes about 4 hours Uk to Spain and/or Portugal.have not visited my UK branch in over fifteen years.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 2:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

OK... But in practice, that's actually how it is. It's still impossible to send money anywhere abroad with my UK account without visiting a branch and filling out paperwork. ....
If that is true, which I sincerely doubt, might I refer you to these wise words which someone posted a few days ago:
.... You ought to change banks. .....
Old Nov 11th 2017, 6:04 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
I can go online and transfer (instantly) to overseas accounts...no need to visit a branch; in fact I've not been in the branch for four or five years.

More and more UK branches are closing down as the banks encourage online banking. You need to update amideislas, your behind the times.
I know. I only use the UK account for infrequent UK transactions. If you do anything in the UK, it's a lot easier to transact if you have a UK account. Doing anything with a "foreign" account is just asking for headaches.

I've been begging the bank to add international transactions to their online banking, but they still don't have it. I could switch to one of the banks that have added support for "foreign" transfers in the past few years, but it's hardly worth the exercise. I just don't conduct enough transactions in the UK to go to the trouble of changing banks (and paying their high fees). And if I need to transfer funds out of the UK, I use a transfer service.