Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Urgghhh- Creepy crawlies

Urgghhh- Creepy crawlies

Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgghhh- Creepy crawlies

Can anyone identify these bugs please? We noticed a few on the outside windows last night. Got up this morning and the outside walls are covered in them. It seems they have been attracted to the outside lighting on the walls. Hundreds of the blighters, I've sprayed them with fly spray and now there are dozens of dead ones on the path around the house. I thought at first they were cockroaches, but I didn't know they could fly and are not attracted to light, besides they don't look like the traditional cockroach. They range from about 15mm up to 40mm in size.
Attached Thumbnails Urgghhh- Creepy crawlies-dscf4373.jpg   Urgghhh- Creepy crawlies-dscf4378.jpg  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Popsy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgghhh- Creepy crawlies

Yes they are a very rare and endangered species. And you have just wiped out a whole colony.

Just to get this right. You have no idea what they are but you went ahead and killed them all anyway.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Popsy1
Yes they are a very rare and endangered species. And you have just wiped out a whole colony.

Just to get this right. You have no idea what they are but you went ahead and killed them all anyway.
LOL You've been taking lessons on 'How to win Friends and influence People' non?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

I'm sorry. But how ignorant. The bugs where probably just moving to a new colony and stopped there for the night. They are likely to be gone in a day or so.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know your address Popsy. I'll gladly collect them all and post them on to you!

I've done a bit of research on the internet and they could be kissing bugs. Home invaders that suck blood from people and animals! You are most definately welcome to them if thats correct.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

It makes no difference what they are. They were here way before you and I.
It's just as well we don't do that to bees isn't it ?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

It makes no difference what they are. They were here way before you and I.
It's just as well we don't do that to bees isn't it ?
Do you feel the same way about Mosquitos? They cause misery and death to thousands of people and I'm sure they were here before us.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Hahaha. How small minded. You have never read Darwin's theory of evolution then.
Besides. Man himself causes misery and death but we are not looking to irradiate the human race are we?
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Don't you just love it when everyone gets fired up ? It creates great discussion.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 9:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't you just love it when everyone gets fired up ? It creates great discussion.
LOL Thats true but... The downside is that you risk being labeled a troll, which of course, I'm sure you are not

Last edited by scrubbedexpat095; Nov 23rd 2014 at 9:47 am. Reason: typo of course
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Where is the great discussion from you popsy? all I see is negativity. If it was a plague of locust eating its way across your crops and your livlihood would you be happy? If it was the palm weevil chewing its way through your palms that that you have spent a fortune on and nurtured for years just to see them collapse would you be happy?

Life throws up all sorts that people take offense to but that don't worry other people at all, I'm sure you have some of your own. Instead of offering negative comment just answer the original question. What are they. If they are harmless they could stay, but I for one do not want an infestation of bugs that may do a lot of damage. My garden is full of insect life that I leave alone because they are doing a job, the ants eat dead things, you can guarantee anything left on our terrace has dissapeared by morning no problem. The grasshoppers clear the whitefly etc etc, the praying mantis eat other insects. They are all left well alone.

But anything that wants to invade the house gets well and truly exterminated. Tell us, would you put up with cockroaches all over your house, in your food cupboards, in yo bags of sugar and flour? I think I could guess the answer even if you do decide to answer!
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Poppy tells others that THEY are negative!
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there is not an ignore option on this site <LOL>
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Unfortunately there is not an ignore option on this site
But there is one in my brain
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:39 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Unfortunately there is not an ignore option on this site <LOL>
There should be, but I haven't tried it. Mods are not allowed to ignore anyone

Go to "My Profile" on the second toolbar at the top of the page.

Select "Edit ignore list" and enter the name of the members you wish to ignore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.