Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Unusual email from Iberdrola

Unusual email from Iberdrola

Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Unusual email from Iberdrola

A few days ago I received the usual email "aviso de disponibilidad ...etc "from Iberdola, from the usual address, to say my on line bill could be viewed. I viewed it, it has now been debited to my bank.

However today in my junk e mail was a message, from the address "[email protected]" titled "Aviso de disponibilidad ...etc". This seems strange - I have never seen that address before and I have just received the same notice a few days ago. I have not opened the email and have contacted Iberdrola, awaiting a reply. Maybe it's OK but I am not opening the that e mail 'til I hear from Iberdrola.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:36 pm
edp
Forum Regular

edp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really nice
Default Re: Unusual email from Iberdrola

spam is spam is spam...even if someone legitimate tells you your account is now available to view online, you don't need someone to tell you that you can. You just do it. If someone who you are unsure of tells you that you can, then you ALWAYS ignore it.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

We've just signed up for paperless billing and the first one came through via email last week (29th Sept). The sending address was [email protected]. Was all above board. But if you have any qualms you're right to leave the suspect email alone.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
We've just signed up for paperless billing and the first one came through via email last week (29th Sept). The sending address was [email protected]. Was all above board. But if you have any qualms you're right to leave the suspect email alone.
The sending address for mine up to now has always been [email protected], for over 4 years . It looks as though this has changed. That's probably why they appear to have duplicated the message.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

In view of what Kenwoodlad said, I decided to open the e mail. It consisted of a completely blank page, with the usual message at the end about not printing it out unless necessary. Looks like a bodge - up by Iberdrola....
Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Agincourt is an unknown quantity at this point

Top tips;
[1] Never ever use your 'real' e-mail address on line to either register for a service or quote for contact. It should be reserved for e-mail only to/from known friends and family. Otherwise, use a 'disposable' address or acquire a free account from the many that are available.
[2] If you are receiving spam, then at some point you may have compromised your account by quoting some or part of the address at some point in time. My sincere advice is that you should frequently vary your password and if possible e-mail address [main] with your service provider. All service providers provide this facility and small alterations make a very big difference. For example, insert a Capital letter or a number or indeed, remove such.

This issue recently happened to me and I altered [as advised above] and the spam stopped.

If you get a bounced mail or 'failure' then there is a high probability that your e-mail has been associated with a password. Check the origin of the mail and 'reply-to' lines in the mail returned to you.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Agincourt
Top tips;
[1] Never ever use your 'real' e-mail address on line to either register for a service or quote for contact. It should be reserved for e-mail only to/from known friends and family. Otherwise, use a 'disposable' address or acquire a free account from the many that are available.
[2] If you are receiving spam, then at some point you may have compromised your account by quoting some or part of the address at some point in time. My sincere advice is that you should frequently vary your password and if possible e-mail address [main] with your service provider. All service providers provide this facility and small alterations make a very big difference. For example, insert a Capital letter or a number or indeed, remove such.

This issue recently happened to me and I altered [as advised above] and the spam stopped.

If you get a bounced mail or 'failure' then there is a high probability that your e-mail has been associated with a password. Check the origin of the mail and 'reply-to' lines in the mail returned to you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for those helpful suggestions. According to Kenwoodlad, "[email protected]" is a genuine Iberdrola e - mail address. The thing that puzzled me is that they seemed to have duplicated the " Aviso de......" message.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Agincourt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petew
Thanks for those helpful suggestions. According to Kenwoodlad, "[email protected]" is a genuine Iberdrola e - mail address. The thing that puzzled me is that they seemed to have duplicated the " Aviso de......" message.
This sounds similar to my recent experience. I examined the detail and the Address sent to was genuine and the Reply-To line contained my real e-mail address. Also, the IP that the mail was sent from indicated that it had been routed through a server in Gambia!! [Other places have been used as 're-mailers']. Nearly all these mails went to some kind of real 'Financial' Organisation and I deduce that the intent was to somehow get money from them. My advice would be to make a small change to your password the one you use to log on to your service provider and if possible change your real e-mail address. If having done so these mails stop, then its a fair bet that either one or both were compromised. If they do not stop, then there is a Spam problem with your service provider.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

I did look at the message source and didn't notice anything worrying but maybe I missed something. I have changed our hotmail password. We don't get much spam and I normally just delete it immediately.

I am still waiting for an answer from Iberdrola - hopefully their reply will settle any doubt.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I have just received an e-mail from Iberdrola confirming that the e-mail is from them. They do not (what a surprise......) explain why the message consisted of a completely blank page (except for the usual message urging me not to print it out unless absolutely necessary!) or why they had apparently duplicated a message sent 3 days earlier.

Last edited by petew; Oct 8th 2012 at 10:47 am.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have had another reply from Iberdrola answering questions I didn't ask but ignoring my main question. Is this their usual technique to avoid admitting they made a c**k up? I give up......
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:42 pm
Banned

IBERDROLA is an unknown quantity at this point

A few days ago I received the usual email "aviso de disponibilidad ...etc "from Iberdola, from the usual address, to say my on line bill could be viewed. I viewed it, it has now been debited to my bank.

However today in my junk e mail was a message, from the address "[email protected]" titled "Aviso de disponibilidad ...etc". This seems strange - I have never seen that address before and I have just received the same notice a few days ago. I have not opened the email and have contacted Iberdrola, awaiting a reply. Maybe it's OK but I am not opening the that e mail 'til I hear from Iberdrola.
Hi all- Some months ago we reorganized our mailbox in order to be more efficient. For that reason, you are receiving the electronic bill from the following email address [email protected]. We want to inform you that this is an official Iberdrola email address, not spam. Thank you
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IBERDROLA
Hi all- Some months ago we reorganized our mailbox in order to be more efficient. For that reason, you are receiving the electronic bill from the following email address [email protected]. We want to inform you that this is an official Iberdrola email address, not spam. Thank you
Is this really Iberdrola and not a troll !? So why did I receive a message which consisted of a completely blank page with a note at the bottom asking me not to print it out unless necessary ?

Last edited by petew; Oct 9th 2012 at 12:14 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is this really Iberdrola and not a troll !? So why did I receive a message which consisted of a completely blank page with a note at the bottom asking me not to print it out unless necessary ?
It must be Iberdrola - they haven't answered my question!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

I also received what appeared to be a completely blank page but if your use the bottom scrollbar to scroll from right to left the email message will appear, well it did for me, I received the email via my Hotmail email programme.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.