Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Travel with Spanish NIE

Travel with Spanish NIE

Old Apr 14th 2018, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

naimul20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel with Spanish NIE

I am an erasmasmundus scholarship holder and doing my Masters in Europe. It's a mobility program. My first semester was in France and i had French visa. after that i moved to spain for semester 2. I got only NIE number in a A4 sheet. I also had my uk visit visa. I came uk with the visa. Now i wanted to back Spain but the Airport authority doesn't allowed me to travel with this documents.According to new law i don't need visa to stay Spain as a student. I stuck in London. What should i do now? very Urgent
Old Apr 14th 2018, 7:19 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel with Spanish NIE

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 14th 2018, 7:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What passport do you hold? Is your French visa still valid?
Old Apr 14th 2018, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What passport do you hold? Is your French visa still valid?
Non European (BD) Passport.My french visa expired last March.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

If a Spanish university has accepted you then surely they are the best people to ask for advice. They want your cash, they will help if they can.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
If a Spanish university has accepted you then surely they are the best people to ask for advice. They want your cash, they will help if they can.
Thank you. I am Erasmus Mundus full funded scholarship holder. I am middle of my Spain semester. After this i have to go Belgium for semester 3.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 10:56 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you visit your embassy
Old Apr 14th 2018, 10:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naimul20
Non European (BD) Passport.My french visa expired last March.
Did you ever apply for a Spanish visa? How long have you been in the UK?

Last edited by BritInParis; Apr 14th 2018 at 11:00 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by missile
I would suggest you visit your embassy
The BHC isn’t going to be able to help with a foreign visa application.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 12:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you ever apply for a Spanish visa? How long have you been in the UK?
Didn't applied for Spanish visa coz my uni said according to new rules i need only NIE. Really confused.
I came uk in 31 March for easter holidays. Before that i came uk first time in December 2017 and back to Spain, that time i had my French visa valid but no NIE.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naimul20
I am an erasmasmundus scholarship holder and doing my Masters in Europe. It's a mobility program. My first semester was in France and i had French visa. after that i moved to spain for semester 2. I got only NIE number in a A4 sheet. I also had my uk visit visa. I came uk with the visa. Now i wanted to back Spain but the Airport authority doesn't allowed me to travel with this documents.According to new law i don't need visa to stay Spain as a student. I stuck in London. What should i do now? very Urgent
Which "airport authority" wouldn't let you travel. When I travelled to Spain at Easter the only place I had to show ID (apart from a boarding pass at security) was at the boarding gate where it was checked by the airline staff. I expect that they are not experts on travel documents and they should have called your destination airport border control in Spain to ask if they would allow you to land. I don't know specifically about the NIE as a travel document but if Spain will let you in, then UK should allow you to travel. Airline staff are not border control.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Depending who you are flying with the airline will require photo ID as they all say in their T&C, most people use their passport for this. Could that be the issue I believe if you have one a photo driving licence will suffice? Or other photo ID . As has been said airline is not border control.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 8:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Which "airport authority" wouldn't let you travel. When I travelled to Spain at Easter the only place I had to show ID (apart from a boarding pass at security) was at the boarding gate where it was checked by the airline staff. I expect that they are not experts on travel documents and they should have called your destination airport border control in Spain to ask if they would allow you to land. I don't know specifically about the NIE as a travel document but if Spain will let you in, then UK should allow you to travel. Airline staff are not border control.
Originally Posted by bobd22
Depending who you are flying with the airline will require photo ID as they all say in their T&C, most people use their passport for this. Could that be the issue I believe if you have one a photo driving licence will suffice? Or other photo ID . As has been said airline is not border control.
He does not have a European passport so this is perhaps what is the root of the difficulty and why he needs a visa. Sounds like his university has advised him incorrectly.

Rosemary
Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that would become the issue when arriving at destination not leaving UK? That will be because we are non Schengen? To board the plane in UK it is photo ID that's required. One has to ask though how did op on arrival get through UK border control?
Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
He does not have a European passport so this is perhaps what is the root of the difficulty and why he needs a visa. Sounds like his university has advised him incorrectly.

Rosemary
it's from Stansted Airport with Easyjet Airline. I have my students ID card of University of Basque Country also. I showed my NIE,Invitation letter, Proof of scholarship etc. also. I am middle of my semester now. Where should i go now? Consulate or Embasay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.