Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Argentina vs Spain

Argentina vs Spain

Old Sep 11th 2017, 1:22 am
Just Joined

TWB103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Argentina vs Spain

Hi. I'm looking for opinions from those who have (fairly) recent experience of living (working) in Argentina and now live in Spain or vice versa. How do they compare - economy, cost of living , bureaucracy, setting up a business, crime etc...quality of life in general.
Cheers!
Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Argentina vs Spain

By the way I'm a brit that has been living in Argentina for the last 8 years .
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argentina vs Spain

Would like to hear about your Argentine experiences and why you are looking at Spain as a potential alternative.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:55 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TWB103
Hi. I'm looking for opinions from those who have (fairly) recent experience of living (working) in Argentina and now live in Spain or vice versa. How do they compare - economy, cost of living , bureaucracy, setting up a business, crime etc...quality of life in general.
Cheers!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 11th 2017, 7:32 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

We are close friends with 2 different couples from Argentina, and without going into a long narrative, neither of them would remotely recommend moving to Argentina over Spain. They have their roots in Argentina, but are fundamentally opposed to virtually everything the current Argentinian government is imposing on the country (and the stories they tell are chilling) . Both have great things to say about Argentina, yet neither would ever consider moving back under current conditions.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amideislas
We are close friends with 2 different couples from Argentina, and without going into a long narrative, neither of them would remotely recommend moving to Argentina over Spain. They have their roots in Argentina, but are fundamentally opposed to virtually everything the current Argentinian government is imposing on the country (and the stories they tell are chilling) . Both have great things to say about Argentina, yet neither would ever consider moving back under current conditions.

Its interesting they feel that way. I presume your friends are living in Spain. The current Argentine government has a much more Spanish European flavour to it than the previous old school Latin American Kirchner government.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
I lived in Argentina for about 10 years until 2012, and now live in Spain. All of my friends there aren't too happy with the current Macri government, but think the previous one was far, far worse. They are getting worried that Kirchner and her corrupt gang might get back into power. And I have some chilling stories about them! I've been going back regularly since I left, and love Argentina, but if you have the choice, its Spain every time. If the current government is replaced by Kirchner, its going to get a lot, lot worse.