UK mot

Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK mot

Originally Posted by happyjeff
i quote -- mikelincs

""It is illegal under EU law for a car to be insured in any other country that the one it is registered in."

as a moderator here on this forum, i just want to ask you a question mikelincs, do you still stand by the above quote?

if so, why would you missinform members of this forum?

people here rely on serious and factual information being given. please remember to back up anything you say which could potentially lead someone down a legal wrong path....

i do find it worrying that you said the above sentence...
Enough of the personal stuff please. I dont class an insurance companies guff as legal factual information, sorry. If you want to quote legal stuff then go to the people who count for it ...... the Spanish authorities that enforce the laws

Mikelincs is not a moderator, dont know where you got that idea.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Mikelincs is not a moderator, dont know where you got that idea.
Thank god for that!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:50 am
Just Joined

john-h is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: UK mot

I have a solution for Bengy and his probs. Get the motorhome back to U.K. whils the M.O.T. is still valid-Sell it-grab the cash-come back to Spaintake a pill on the exchange rates and buy a Spanish registered motorhome based at his holiday home in Spain insure it ant I.T.V. it in Spain and then drive it where you like- JOB DONE and most important STRESS ENDS
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:44 am
Just Joined

happyjeff is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend who actaully prefers a RHD. Bengy if you prefer a RHD thats your choice, thats all it is a choice and your legal right. In the UK there are thousnads of LHDs being diriven, again, choice. My preference is a RHD- again choice and safety, i cannot get on with a LHD. Simple. I have lived in spain on and off for years. there are many law abiding brits there who have a RHD.
Bengy your intial question has caused much debate here, some healthy some derogatory and some just not-factual, however if i was as you seem to be popular id ask these guys a pertinent question on there predictions for this weeks lottery numbers, i bet some will argue that
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who actaully prefers a RHD. Bengy if you prefer a RHD thats your choice, thats all it is a choice and your legal right. In the UK there are thousnads of LHDs being diriven, again, choice. My preference is a RHD- again choice and safety, i cannot get on with a LHD. Simple. I have lived in spain on and off for years. there are many law abiding brits there who have a RHD.
Bengy your intial question has caused much debate here, some healthy some derogatory and some just not-factual, however if i was as you seem to be popular id ask these guys a pertinent question on there predictions for this weeks lottery numbers, i bet some will argue that
Go back under the bridge and play tag teams there.
Attached Thumbnails UK mot-troll-spray-atsof-545146_377_603.jpg  
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No one is saying you cant drive a RHD car in Spain ...... I really dont know why you keep trying to stir things up. I drive a RHD car in Spain. Its matriculated to Spanish plates. Its insured in Spain. It has an up to date ITV. Its totally legal and thats just fine! Please stop trying to muddy the waters
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:16 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi happyjeff,

Wrong again - the thread was started by Morro! Bengy then "hi-jacked" the thread.
The initial question concerned "how to get a legal solution to having to get an MOT certificate for an English car which both owner & car had not been out of the UK for six months.

However, not a bad discussion & I would love the DWPinSpain put forward their definitive point of view on Spanish law.

Davexf
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi happyjeff,

Wrong again - the thread was started by Morro! Bengy then "hi-jacked" the thread.
The initial question concerned "how to get a legal solution to having to get an MOT certificate for an English car which both owner & car had not been out of the UK for six months.

However, not a bad discussion & I would love the DWPinSpain put forward their definitive point of view on Spanish law.

Davexf
I don`t think DWP do MOT`s Dave. lol
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No one is saying you cant drive a RHD car in Spain ...... I really dont know why you keep trying to stir things up. I drive a RHD car in Spain. Its matriculated to Spanish plates. Its insured in Spain. It has an up to date ITV. Its totally legal and thats just fine! Please stop trying to muddy the waters

i didnt ask you if youu had a RHD in spain.

also im not "stirring" things up.
regrettably on this forum the so called "moderators" seem to have difficulty in making sure other members dont give out innaccurate information.

im a member of a Mercedes forum and a Mod there, we have a good rule. if you give out "advice" make sure you back it up..simple.

this isnt the daily mail here!!

and i have no intention of annoying, BUT, this is a "forum" and im allowed an opinion, even if it differs ....

apologies for speaking..
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Go back under the bridge and play tag teams there.

sorry but you seem to be annoyed and since this thread started, you have shown a complete dissregard for other peoples opinions, if someone has a differring view point you attempt to put them down or silence them through sarcasm or just being plain rude.
Im relatively new to this forum, and have re-read a lot of your posts, and i hope that you never get mod status!

sorry if im being direct but your attitude here seriously needs to be addressed and maybe you need to show more courtesy to other members.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:12 pm
Senior Moment

i didnt ask you if youu had a RHD in spain.

also im not "stirring" things up.
regrettably on this forum the so called "moderators" seem to have difficulty in making sure other members dont give out innaccurate information.

im a member of a Mercedes forum and a Mod there, we have a good rule. if you give out "advice" make sure you back it up..simple.

this isnt the daily mail here!!

and i have no intention of annoying, BUT, this is a "forum" and im allowed an opinion, even if it differs ....

apologies for speaking..

sorry but you seem to be annoyed and since this thread started, you have shown a complete dissregard for other peoples opinions, if someone has a differring view point you attempt to put them down or silence them through sarcasm or just being plain rude.
Im relatively new to this forum, and have re-read a lot of your posts, and i hope that you never get mod status!

sorry if im being direct but your attitude here seriously needs to be addressed and maybe you need to show more courtesy to other members.
Well you are assuming that you are the right one
JDR has been a well respected mod on here for many years and only recently resigned and I dont remember people having complained about his knowledge to date

I'm closing the thread as it is going nowhere thanks to people pulling it completely off topic, and I suggest if you have a problem with moderation here you use the proper channels.

We tell people here what actually happens in Spain. Its not black and white. A point that seems to have been lost somewhere