Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

IT/TV experts advice

IT/TV experts advice

Old Jan 12th 2018, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Jamtart98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT/TV experts advice

Trying to help a friend with TV connections.

They have a TV in the basement connected to the internet with wifi and can watch UK tv.

They also have a TV in the Living room upstairs and want to view UK tv on that tv too. There is a socket for an internet connection in the living room.

What is needed to receive UK tv on the Living room tv?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2018, 9:56 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT/TV experts advice

If they can stream UK TV over Wifi in their basement them it should work in their lounge.

Do they have a smart TV, i.e. capable of connecting to Wifi in their lounge?

You might want to consider an Amazon firestick.

They would be better connecting to their internet router via the ethernet port (wall socket).

Last edited by missile; Jan 12th 2018 at 10:04 am.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

OK Thanks for that.

I,m going to see them this afternoon so we`ll look at these options.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I use a laptop or my tablet to connect via net to TV service (UK TV, netflix etc) and then cast to TVs with Chromecast devices plugged into TVs.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:46 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamtart98
Trying to help a friend with TV connections.

They have a TV in the basement connected to the internet with wifi and can watch UK tv.

They also have a TV in the Living room upstairs and want to view UK tv on that tv too. There is a socket for an internet connection in the living room.

What is needed to receive UK tv on the Living room tv?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Hola

The way the post is worded, do they want to use the same box that is in the basement to give TV to the lounge? If so you would need an HDMI splitter and then cable the lounge to the splitter.

If they have English TV in the basement then they can use the same method for the lounge unless they are trying to achieve something different?

Davexf
Old Jan 21st 2018, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi.
Thanks to all who have responded and apologies for not replying sooner.

I will have to visit the house again as when I was there a week ago I spotted a router next to the TV in the Lounge. HoweverI was in a hurry so I did,nt have time to check what it was connected to to. Probably the landline telephone.

I will visit again this week and have a close look at the connections and then post in here again.

Thanks Again.

P.S. To the person who said they have UK TV on their TV via their computer and Chromecast.
I also have Chromecast connected but after changing from Movistar to Orange the code is still Movistar`s. How do I change the code?
Old Jan 21st 2018, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Never done it but according to Google:
It's not hard; all you need is a mobile device in proximity to the streaming device itself.
Open the Google Home app. If you don't have it, it's easy to acquire through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Select the Devices option. ...
Open the Settings menu. ...
Select Wi-Fi from the menu. ...
Choose a new Wi-Fi network.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Very Much. That is excellent and I will go and set it up now.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.