Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying rural house Valencia region

Thinking of buying rural house Valencia region

Old Sep 2nd 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Ronnie98758 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of buying rural house Valencia region

Hi all. We are thinking of buying a house in the countryside in the Valencia region. My idea would be to rent out the house in summer and live on the land in caravan or hopefully a small second house on the land ( ive seen a few )
im hoping that summer rental and frugal living will see us through the year. plus we have a few other ideas.
just wanted to hear of any potential pitfalls or any tips anyone has.
my mum is spanish and has recently moved back to spain from uk .
thanks in advance
ronnie and tina
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 1:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of buying rural house Valencia region

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.

The key to your question is research and more research. This and other forums have a wealth of info.

just a few quick thoughts.

If you are buying rural ensure the place is legal. A lot though not all, are places built as agricultural sheds and not as houses for all year living in.

If you are renting out sooner or later you will be noticed by the authorities so it is best to get the right permissions for renting out. This may involve some modifications to meet requirements , will involve tax payments and your own declaration of tax as Spanish residents.

You don't say how old you are but healthcare is a key to get sorted. Again there are lots of threads covering the subject.

Living in a caravan , especially in the summer , can be difficult.

Budget for the unexpected. Further fall in exchange rates, dental treatment, car repairs, unexpected journeys back to the Uk for family illnesses/events.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Ronnie98758 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks olive farmer. Yeah I thought of most of those things. Including the whole caravan thing. Seen a few properties for sale that have a second little house on. Was thinking solar panels and own water supply would be ideal. I've heard if we register as self employed then were covered for medical.
Trying to do as much research here but first hand knowledge is always better.
Thanks for such a quick response.
Oh by the way both in our early 50s