Reload this Page >

Temporary NIE Number - Spain

Temporary NIE Number - Spain

Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Bobby28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary NIE Number - Spain

Hi everyone,

I have booked an appointment for an NIE number but the nearest appointment is 6 weeks away!
I'm only here for the Summer so got here early to look for work and beat the rush.....but a 6 week wait is far from ideal.

I've heard about a temporary NIE number just valid for 3 months.....this would be perfect. Can anyone confirm this and is it true you can get this within a week or so?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bobby
(Benidorm)
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary NIE Number - Spain

There is no such thing as a temporary NIE - they are issued for life. Depending on the reason for needing to produce the document, sometimes the person wanting it will insist on the NIE certificate being less than 90 days old.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobby28
Hi everyone,

I have booked an appointment for an NIE number but the nearest appointment is 6 weeks away!
I'm only here for the Summer so got here early to look for work and beat the rush.....but a 6 week wait is far from ideal.

I've heard about a temporary NIE number just valid for 3 months.....this would be perfect. Can anyone confirm this and is it true you can get this within a week or so?

Cheers,
Bobby
(Benidorm)
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Bobby28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. Oh ok I must of mis-understood when reading that they will supply "job seeking" foreigners with a temporary NIE card valid for 3 months.

So it looks like I'll have to wait until the end of April then :-/

Cheers,
Bobby
Old Mar 19th 2018, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you book the appointment? Maybe you can try another place that will take you sooner.

When I got mine several years ago, I just went to the police station without an appointment and they did it for me that day.

- Eric S.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobby28
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Bobby
(Benidorm)
Hi Bobby (Benidorm)

You are certainly here in Benidorm very early in the year hoping to secure work. Can I ask where you might be looking. Bar work or anything in that line is notoriously difficult to find as it's usually given to people who "they know"

If I can help you with any specific questions about Benidorm please ask.

Best of luck anyway.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Mar 20th 2018 at 5:16 am.