SOLICITORS

Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

lordhowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOLICITORS

Has any one had any dealings with a company called M&S INTEREALTY, in Torrevieja and if so were they any good? I have been asked to use them to buy a property and not sure should I trust them with my money.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SOLICITORS

Originally Posted by lordhowe
Has any one had any dealings with a company called M&S INTEREALTY, in Torrevieja and if so were they any good? I have been asked to use them to buy a property and not sure should I trust them with my money.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

This also depends on who has asked you to use them. Normally people on here say that it is inadvisable to use a solicitor recommended by the estate agent.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 28th 2012, 2:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Never trust any company recommended by the person selling, get your own from somewhere else.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 2:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the question is .... who ask you to use them? If it was the estate agent, the seller, or anyone related to the sale then just say no and find your own. Using a solicitor that is recommended by the seller or the sellers estate agent is fraught with danger and should be avoided at all costs.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Guardamar4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Please listen to the advice from others. NEVER use solicitors connected in any way or recommended by estate agents, propery sellers etc.

After a shocking experience with Aroca solicitors, we transferred to www.martinezandballester.com, several years ago and have been very satisfied with their service since.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

+1 All of the above. Never, ever use lawyers suggested/required by the vendor.

There's an old saying........

There's always a mug in the game and if you don't know who the mug is.............
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Yes that lawyer had been recommended to me by his agent & I'm not happy to use him. I'll never trust any agent esp. recommending his lawyer. The agent is just as bad.

Last edited by ForHotspot; Jan 29th 2012 at 7:01 am.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:43 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

I HAVE USED THEM, MUCH TO MY COST AND SORROW!!
Unfortunately I am not in a position to recommend any Spanish legal firm to you, however I can recommend who you should not use, but am not allowed to on here.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Torrevieja can be very incestuous seldom with a good outcome. Take totally independent Spanish legal advice regarding any property purchase - preferably from out of town ie Alicante.
I wished I had 12 yrs ago.
I now use http://www.pellicerheredia.com/en/so...-alicante.aspx

Last edited by spainrico; Jan 29th 2012 at 6:49 pm. Reason: better link
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

One I can recommend through using them myself, and they have no ties to any estate agent etc. is,
http://www.expresslegalcafe.com
one of the joint owners is SueG a member of this forum.

Although based in La Nucia, Benidorm area, she does have contacts in the Torrevieja area.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 2:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
One I can recommend through using them myself, and they have no ties to any estate agent etc. is,
http://www.expresslegalcafe.com
one of the joint owners is SueG a member of this forum.

Although based in La Nucia, Benidorm area, she does have contacts in the Torrevieja area.
I will second this recommendation, having gained extremely good advice in the past from SueG. She will always make sure that she gives the correct advice and is very friendly and helpful.

Rosemary
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all, I will now go in with my eyes wide open,LIC i have read your posts and if you want to chat more drop me a line,
I will ring SueG not for a coffee ( my wife would get jealous) but to see if that company can help.

Last edited by lordhowe; Jan 30th 2012 at 7:10 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the recommendation Mike and Rosemary and I have now spoken to the gentleman!
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Dear All
I started this post with a comment regarding M&S INTEREALTY, in Torrevieja who acted for me in my recent purchase, I then was put in contact with Sue at http://www.expresslegalcafe.com who acted for me in relation to over seeing my legal contracts and attended the notary as my interpreter, this was like my insurance policy and it was well worth the small cost, it gave me peace of mind to have a British Solicitor looking at the contracts.
Although I have nothing bad to say regarding M&S Interealty and the service I received was great.
If you are buying or selling it would be my recommendation to use either of the companies I have mentioned M&S Interrealty is a Spanish company and Express Legal Cafe is of course English (or for a small fee use them both LOL)
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Don't always get time to come on here these days - what a nice feeling!! Thank you very much indeed for your very kind comments. Sue x