Reload this Page >

tax for new car!

tax for new car!

Old Jul 13th 2016, 9:15 am
Just Joined

logansdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tax for new car!

Hi
We are collecting a new (we are the first owners)car on Friday. Although I am given to understand that the local town hall deals with IVTM, we are getting conflicting advice, in respect of how we register for the first time. A friend has told us we need to have registered for tax, in connection with our property, before the authorities can automatically claim whatever is due; there was also mention of receiving a bar code!? Another, has told us something different and the car salesman didn't appear 100% sure! We live in Altea, Costa Blanca. Any advice very much appreciated.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 9:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax for new car!

I bought a new car last year and the dealership gave me a piece of paper to present to my town hall. They put the car through their system and I was given another piece of paper to present to the bank for payment.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary
Old Jul 13th 2016, 9:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I bought a new car last year and the dealership gave me a piece of paper to present to my town hall. They put the car through their system and I was given another piece of paper to present to the bank for payment.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary
When I bought a new car in Torrevieja, the dealer did everything, didn't need to take anything anywhere.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 9:40 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
When I bought a new car in Torrevieja, the dealer did everything, didn't need to take anything anywhere.
Did they register with the town hall for you because you bought in the same town that you lived?

Rosemary
Old Jul 13th 2016, 9:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Did they register with the town hall for you because you bought in the same town that you lived?

Rosemary
Possibly, I lived in Playa Flamenca at the time.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 9:47 am

Whereas I bought from a distance away from where I live. Maybe we should say yet again when it comes to Spain "it depends" on where you live!!!!!!

Rosemary
Old Jul 13th 2016, 10:00 am
Just Joined

logansdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Rosemary and mikelincs, I appreciate your time in responding.........as I'm discovering, things aren't always straightforward in Spain! I will make further enquiries, today, when it stops bucketing down!
Old Jul 13th 2016, 10:02 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

When I bought my car, the dealer did all the work. When the tax became due in the following year, the payment was deducted via my previous car's standing order.

As Rosemary said, "it depends".
Old Jul 15th 2016, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly as you say - you have to register the car at the Town hall where you live ( your property is registered ) and they will issue you with the invoice for the IVTM , after you have paid it once you can opt to have it as a direct debit.
The DGT ( Transport Ministry ) today is quite sophisticated they will have everything on their database and will probably send you a one page summary at some stage confirming all the information about the vehicle including the insurance company.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of last year i had a uk bike registered in Spain, as has been said the dealer that registered the bike paid the road tax pro rata for that year, the town hall then sent me the notice to pay for this year, i went into the council offices and paid this years on a card and arranged for further payments to be made by direct debit.

All my other local taxes are already paid by direct debit so i had assumed this would automatically be taken but it wasn't the case.