Newbies

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

TomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really nice
Default Newbies

Hi there me and my wife are currently looking at moving abroad not %100 sure where we are wanting to go
Is there any websites what anyone can refer me to just to get some sort of ideas on jobs , house prices wages visas etc..?
Thanks
TnS
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

TomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really niceTomnSas is just really nice
Default Re: Newbies

oo sorry forgot something....
we have also talked maybe doing the done thing and looking in to buying a bar/ cafe oveseas so any info or advice on what sites to look at we would be very grateful
Thanks again
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by TomnSas
oo sorry forgot something....
we have also talked maybe doing the done thing and looking in to buying a bar/ cafe oveseas so any info or advice on what sites to look at we would be very grateful
Thanks again
look on www.thinkspain.com they have a jobs page & property for rent or buy. From asking questions on here you can find loads out. I don't think wages are very high unless you are bilingual and in some good job.. I think you would have to go out and research an area before commiting yourselves to a bar, there is alot of them. Good luck! You don't say if you have children or not?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:17 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there me and my wife are currently looking at moving abroad not %100 sure where we are wanting to go
Is there any websites what anyone can refer me to just to get some sort of ideas on jobs , house prices wages visas etc..?
Thanks
TnS
Hi there and welcome, if you go back to the top of the forum (Spain one) you will find a "stickie" that has a large amount of info at your finger tips.
Once you have read that, you will no doubt find many questions unanswered, namely, where is the free beer!? so thats the best time to ask away on here.

Most people can help in some way, some are good for general advice, others are more suited to in depth questions, while I am capable of nothing worthwhile or informative, so happy clicking and just stay away from some of the ladies, they are vamps!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hi there and welcome, if you go back to the top of the forum (Spain one) you will find a "stickie" that has a large amount of info at your finger tips.
Once you have read that, you will no doubt find many questions unanswered, namely, where is the free beer!? so thats the best time to ask away on here.

Most people can help in some way, some are good for general advice, others are more suited to in depth questions, while I am capable of nothing worthwhile or informative, so happy clicking and just stay away from some of the ladies, they are vamps!
Second that..!

Welcome to the forum Tomnsas..enjoy your stay...loads of good advice here..and total madness as well....
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
TnS
If you are from the UK and British or citizens of any EU country then NO visas are needed, the EU permits freedom of movement, employment and residence.. Spain, well with houses, what are you looking for, anything from 30,000 euros for a finca inland that might need some improvements, to ready to move into town houses or apartments ranging from 80,000 to over 1 million euros. Jobs, depends on what line of business you are in and where you are looking, on the Costas there are more opportunities if your Spanish is limited, however a lot of the work there, apart from estate agents etc is somewhat seasonal, wages are somewhat less than the UK, however the cost of living is even less. Transport is cheap with your own car, typically around 50 Euros car tax, diesel about 1 euro a litre, insurance on a par with the UK, but if you take out a comprehensive policy then you automatically get free roadside assistance like the AA and RAC would give in the UK.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:16 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
TnS
Hi TomSas,welcome to BE,I am still in the UK hoping to move,you will find loads of info.on here,and its a bit of fun has well,take time to read some threads ,just about any topic has been covered,good luck