Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taking Air Rifles to Spain via container/truck

Taking Air Rifles to Spain via container/truck

Old Sep 3rd 2017, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Karl64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking Air Rifles to Spain via container/truck

Hi all, I am hoping to move to Spain early next year and have a few Decent air rifles which I am loathed to get rid of. I will be moving all of my household goods by either truck or container (via removals company). What I want to know is can I pack the rifles in the container and expect to still have them the other side and do I need to declare them to customs etc?
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 7:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Air Rifles to Spain via container/truck

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:24 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karl64
Hi all, I am hoping to move to Spain early next year and have a few Decent air rifles which I am loathed to get rid of. I will be moving all of my household goods by either truck or container (via removals company). What I want to know is can I pack the rifles in the container and expect to still have them the other side and do I need to declare them to customs etc?
Assuming that you are coming from another EU country then as far as I know it will all be as household chattle, pack it and send.

BTW there are Moderators on this site
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:50 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I am not too sure, I would ask your removal company.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

This from a forum post in 2008...as long as the air rifle is under the spanish legal limit of 18ftlb all you need to do is register it with the local town hall that you have such a weapon. a licence is not required. But other posts warn that some removal companies won't transport them.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Not declaring it could be illegal ,its a firearm after all , tell your shipping agent or you could find everything being held by Spanish customs for weeks/months (expensive!).