Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spend it ! or save it for the kids ??

Spend it ! or save it for the kids ??

Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:14 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spend it ! or save it for the kids ??

Originally Posted by spain
We moved from Silwood Street, Bermondsey when I was 7 to where I thought was the "countryside" which was in fact the Ferrier Estate in Kidbrooke - over the years it turned into the pits but it was nice when we first went there

oh my cousin lived on the silwood estate, you look as if you live in gandia, how long did it take to drive down to GIB ?
pat
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:17 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maryann
My son has to sleep in a Charlton Pj set everynight, my hubby and his family are all 'addics'! We moved from sydenham just before our first daughter down to west malling. My family are millwall and depford born. Thre is something about a S.E londoner!
I had all my treatment for my babies in Tommys as well. Th O.K.R. Has very special memories!
hi mary ann, I too was born in deptford (tanners hill) my other half is a charlton supporter and lived in sidcup, pat
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
oh my cousin lived on the silwood estate, you look as if you live in gandia, how long did it take to drive down to GIB ?
pat
Hi, yes I live in Gandia but never driven to Gib, must be somoene else on this thread

such a small world isnt it - Silwood estate aint what it used to be !!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:08 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'd hate to be a kid starting off in work right now. I started work in 1972, and from what I see nowadays it was a doddle comparably. Theres so much pressure and stress these days in work, plus from my daughters point of view she also has a sizeable student loan to pay off eventually.

So, doubtless she'll find her own niche in life, but I will be more than happy to leave her a little nestegg when I shuffle off to wherever I'm shuffling off too.
Agree Mitzy

What i wonder is where are the new generation going to work ? All Manufacturing soon will be in Far east ! Tescos can only add so many stores ! Call centres done in Far east ! Banks and even Government shedding jobs !

It is a worry for them compared to our day for sure .