Spanish wages

Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future
Default Spanish wages

Whats the average wage in spain?

Im sure i read £600.

Im looking to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning here with a view to moving to Spain in years to come.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish wages

That would be about the average monthly wage, yes
Tim
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul76
Whats the average wage in spain?

Im sure i read £600.

Im looking to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning here with a view to moving to Spain in years to come.
Actually I don't think it would be that low, I would * guess * around 1,000 to 1,300 euros is about the average, that is not to say there are not a hell of a lot of people in this country earning 600 euros and less per month... because there are.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Would it be fare to say the living costs are less expensive?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

Here you have average gross monthly, summer 2006. (scroll down) - you can see the regional differences
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1309...anoles/sueldo/

Here average UE net salaries, 2005

http://empleo.blogia.com/2007/090306...n-europea..php

This last listing, you have to reduce 20% United Kingdom salaries currently, due to devaluation of the pound since 2005 - Pound should go down more, so salaries in the UK will be "reduced" in comparison

Last edited by Olmos; Mar 16th 2008 at 7:04 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:02 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Econ
Actually I don't think it would be that low, I would * guess * around 1,000 to 1,300 euros is about the average, that is not to say there are not a hell of a lot of people in this country earning 600 euros and less per month.
I earn 1136 euros a month. But that is paid in 14 monthly salary, ie. i get double wages in december and july. I work for a very large spanish company and that is considered good wages.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
I earn 1136 euros a month. But that is paid in 14 monthly salary, ie. i get double wages in december and july. I work for a very large spanish company and that is considered good wages.
I think you will find the wages in Andalucia are lower than other regions of Spain... so my guess could be right... and it is only a guess based on the earnings of people I know in the south and in other areas so I could be guessing high.

...at the end of the day the average doesn't mean a lot as far as a guide for what you can or will earn here, the high and very high earners can offset the millions on much lower wages and your wage is relative to what you do and or if you can get a job doing that here.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever this subject comes up I simply refuse to believe the figures, I can't work out how the "average" spanish family can survive on these wages, that is only a weeks wage per month! and things aren't that cheap over there.
Are the figures "take home" or gross??
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Whenever this subject comes up I simply refuse to believe the figures, I can't work out how the "average" spanish family can survive on these wages, that is only a weeks wage per month! and things aren't that cheap over there.
Are the figures "take home" or gross??
The figures are Gross!
I have been told by many people, including my bank manager here that €12000 per year is a good wage, and that is for a single income family!!!
Tim
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
The figures are Gross!
I have been told by many people, including my bank manager here that €12000 per year is a good wage, and that is for a single income family!!!
Tim
So what would that be net?? 900? 800????
HTF do they live??? buy a car, go to the footy, go out for a meal???
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leighbloke
So what would that be net?? 900? 800????
HTF do they live??? buy a car, go to the footy, go out for a meal???
You tell me!
If they are self employed, you also have to take out a minimum of €240 odd a month for social security, on top of any tax that has to be paid.
One thing that often gets overlooked is the role of the extended family. Young people tend to live at home with their parents and grandparents for much longer, even after they are married, so they still have a reasonable disposable income, hence the new cars and nights out.
Also, it is only very recently that Spain has got used to the credit age, so everything is on tick. The parents meanwhile are still using up the wads of cash that was never declared!!!
Tim
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olmos
Here you have average gross monthly, summer 2006. (scroll down) - you can see the regional differences
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1309...anoles/sueldo/

Here average UE net salaries, 2005

http://empleo.blogia.com/2007/090306...n-europea..php

This last listing, you have to reduce 20% United Kingdom salaries currently, due to devaluation of the pound since 2005 - Pound should go down more, so salaries in the UK will be "reduced" in comparison
These figures contradict themselves.

According to the first set, the average income is 1538/mth but the second set shows an average income of only 1107/mth.

I think you will find that the first set of figures are the cost of employing, not the received salary/wage.

The second figure of only 1107/mth seems more realistic and it can be much lower in certain areas and trades.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

A year ago I read a report citing the average wage as €13k.

How do they afford to live? Well, a lot of the younger generation live with their parents until much older than in the UK and contribute to costs, leaving house buying till later in life ..... so I'm told
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:51 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I work on 10€ an hour but many round here (Cadiz) work for less. Yes some "trades" want more, and there are "opportunists (rip off merchants) who will rook you if they can. But generally 50 - 75 euros a day is the average manual labourer
Dave
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:25 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Not wanting to state the obvious but it depends what you do.

Just working for a normal, run of the mill company, €13-15k would be about right for a yearly wage - whether it comes in 12 or 14 payments.

Basic bank clerks don't even get that much. Bank manager of a small branch would be lucky to get a €20k basic - they top up with bonuses. High school teacher gets between €18-21k (but also get around 11 months holiday a year so pro rata it's a fantastic salary!!!!!!!)

'Funcionario' jobs are what lots of people aim for - may not be the highest salary in the world but it's virtually impossible to get sacked, hours are great, 14 pays and banks are quite amenable to lending them money based on the fact they have a job for life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.