Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Residencia etc.

Spanish Residencia etc.

Old Oct 21st 2016, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Residencia etc.

Originally Posted by FullCircle
Thanks again everyone, your advice and information is very much appreciated. I've been looking at Banks in the Villajoyosa area. Does Sabadell have a good reputation and does it accept regular overseas direct deposits?
Many thanks
Sabadell has a good reputation and accepts monthly deposits.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

FullCircle is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Tebo53.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Santander bank in Spain it not part of Santander in the UK, they just have the same name.
That's the wrong way round Santander UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Santander Spain which is a huge group with subsidiaries world wide with extensive interests in the Americas. The banking supervision for UK is the Bank of England separate from the supervision of the rest of the group. We have a 123 account with the UK arm and no contact with the Spanish bank except that to use the network cash machines in Spain. The exchange rate is fantastic almost the best you can get. What little use we have been forced to make of the branch network in Spain (it is Endesa's Bank) has been very very poor. Little English is spoken if at all.

The smoothest Spanish bank by far in Ayamonte is Sabadell where all the staff have excellent English. The website is almost all in English and you can transfer direct from UK in Stirling or Euros.

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 21st 2016 at 11:14 am. Reason: Correcting quotes
Old Dec 13th 2016, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone. Thanks to your help and some more Googling, I THINK I now have all the info required for my residency application. Now I'm just getting the order in order! Would you please check my list and confirm I have it right?

1. Apply for Residency and NIE using Ex18 form at an Oficina de Extranjeros. Provide proof of ID, copy of passport, proof of sufficient funds and private health.

2. Take Form 790, which will be issued upon acceptance of the above, to a bank and pay admin fee.

3. Return to Oficina de Extranjeros and collect NIE and Residency approval.

4. Apply for Padron Certificate at Town Hall. Provide passport, NIE and proof of address.

5. Open Bank Account

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 5:54 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, in some areas, they need the padron BEFORE signing on the list of foreigners.

Stupid I know, but as I say, some areas do it that way around.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again. How strict is the 'proof of address' requirement when applying for residency? I am planning on staying with a friend (who is Spanish) when I arrive so I won't have a rental contract or utility bill etc.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone. Thanks to your help and some more Googling, I THINK I now have all the info required for my residency application. Now I'm just getting the order in order! Would you please check my list and confirm I have it right?

1. Apply for Residency and NIE using Ex18 form at an Oficina de Extranjeros. Provide proof of ID, copy of passport, proof of sufficient funds and private health.

2. Take Form 790, which will be issued upon acceptance of the above, to a bank and pay admin fee.

3. Return to Oficina de Extranjeros and collect NIE and Residency approval.

4. Apply for Padron Certificate at Town Hall. Provide passport, NIE and proof of address.

5. Open Bank Account

Thanks in advance.
Remember all documents in english ( proof of income / health insurance etc) MUST be accompanied by a Spanish translation, from an official translation bureau, or abogado. ( that's what we were told, and had to do for our application in Seville!) Not of course passport/ marriage license etc.
pete

Pete

Last edited by teuchterpete; Dec 21st 2016 at 7:42 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
Remember all documents in english ( proof of income / health insurance etc) MUST be accompanied by a Spanish translation, from an official translation bureau, or abogado. ( that's what we were told, and had to do for our application in Seville!) Not of course passport/ marriage license etc.
pete

Pete
Thanks Pete. I will be holding a Spanish Health Insurance Certificate so I'm OK there. My proof of income will be in the form of bank statements. These don't need to be translated, do they?
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pete. I will be holding a Spanish Health Insurance Certificate so I'm OK there. My proof of income will be in the form of bank statements. These don't need to be translated, do they?
You will need statements from a fairly long standing Spanish bank account. They will not accept British bank account statements.

On the statement there will need to be specific regular payments which can total enough income to support yourself. Some area's will accept a healthy bank balance if you also have a current credit card.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:29 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
You will need statements from a fairly long standing Spanish bank account. They will not accept British bank account statements.

On the statement there will need to be specific regular payments which can total enough income to support yourself. Some area's will accept a healthy bank balance if you also have a current credit card.
There's no reason why they should NOT accept them but I know that some offices do insist on money coming into a Spanish bank.

As you will need an account in Spain, why not open one straight away?
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

catsndogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just received an e-mail from ex-pats from 'Kenny 35' replying for my thread regarding residencia. I have not sent anything to ex-pats regarding this topic------ a bit worrying
Old Oct 9th 2017, 4:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catsndogs
Have just received an e-mail from ex-pats from 'Kenny 35' replying for my thread regarding residencia. I have not sent anything to ex-pats regarding this topic------ a bit worrying
I have PM´d you.

Rosemary