Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

spain move help

spain move help

Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

jackian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spain move help

Hi I am new at this so please bare with me. myself and my wife are planning the move to the malaga area in the near future my wife is a fully qualified carer and cook and has been in touch with a few places over there and even offered an interview at an english run care home however I am not so confident I really want to make the move but a bit worried I wont find work I am a joiner handyman and have alot of skills in most fields I am currently learning spanish and picking it up quickly we plan to drive over and to re registrar our vehicle there you have done loads of research and know about what we need to do on arrival would really like some feedback and your advise on this matter
Kind regards
Ian
Old Feb 20th 2018, 4:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spain move help

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spain move help

Originally Posted by jackian
Hi I am new at this so please bare with me. myself and my wife are planning the move to the malaga area in the near future my wife is a fully qualified carer and cook and has been in touch with a few places over there and even offered an interview at an english run care home however I am not so confident I really want to make the move but a bit worried I wont find work I am a joiner handyman and have alot of skills in most fields I am currently learning spanish and picking it up quickly we plan to drive over and to re registrar our vehicle there you have done loads of research and know about what we need to do on arrival would really like some feedback and your advise on this matter
Kind regards
Ian
Hi Ian,

There are several threads running about this subject at the moments so it worth reading most of them.

There won't be much chance of finding employment as a joiner I'm afraid as there are thousands of unemployment Spanish Joiner/handyman just waiting for work to come along. Jobs are usually given to people "who they know" and unless you work for yourself you will need to speak fluent Spanish. I can't comment on the need for carers but cooks/chef's are in abundance.

I glad you've done your research into aquiring NIE and required healthcare and incomes before you make the move.

Steve