Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Social Security Centre to register for health care

Social Security Centre to register for health care

Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social Security Centre to register for health care

Apologies if this has been raised before, but I've now received my S1 Form from the UK and, together with other documents, I need to take these along to a Social Security Centre (or similar title!) in order to access the Spanish Health system.
Can someone tell me where my local one would be situated please? I live in Teulada/Moraira. If not, then a link to a likely source would help greatly.
Thanks.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Social Security Centre to register for health care

Hi Biffta
As you probably now know, Teulada is in the Marina Alta, and the capital of this region is Denia. If you haven't got a map of the town, get one from any local Tourist Office. The Social Security Office is found on the corner of Passeig del Saladar and Calle Diana.
I believe that no appointment is necessary, but you have to "register" at the front desk and await a call to a desk for attention. A number system is in use. I am unsure if work continues in the afternoon, so an early start might be fruitful!
If your spanish isn't up to it, take an interpreter.
Best of luck
Old Jun 12th 2015, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

My local INSS only works with cita previas, appointments made online, like most Spanish government offices I believe in Alicante.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

Correct! Cita Previa required.
Tel: 901 106 57 or 96 590 3246
Old Jun 12th 2015, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Thought so, same with DGT etc.

Last edited by spainrico; Jun 12th 2015 at 2:50 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

We have just been through this and indeed booked an appointment on-line. We photocopied everything and went to Denia a week later. Parking is horrendous but when the number came up we were out within say twenty minutes with our temporary sip card. Then to the Salud and later in the piece we received our plastic sip cards.

Then whilst we knew our way in to Denia we went past the Hospital but used our sat nav on the way back. I suffer from vertigo and the sat nav took us over the Montgo - never again.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Porth
We have just been through this and indeed booked an appointment on-line. We photocopied everything and went to Denia a week later. Parking is horrendous but when the number came up we were out within say twenty minutes with our temporary sip card. Then to the Salud and later in the piece we received our plastic sip cards.

Then whilst we knew our way in to Denia we went past the Hospital but used our sat nav on the way back. I suffer from vertigo and the sat nav took us over the Montgo - never again.
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Can you supply me with the internet link for the Denia Centre please? Also, what documentation did you need?
I've got my S1 form from the UK and have downloaded the Spanish form TA1. As well as my residencia certificate and passport, do I need anything else? Copy of Padron maybe?
Thanks.

Last edited by Countryboy1; Jun 14th 2015 at 12:40 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

pardron is required ofcourse the SI plus photocopies of everything.

We asked a translator to organise the email for us for the appointment and I will look this evening for the copy.

I will come back soonest.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Once again, much appreciated.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have just use google and INSS Denia and suggest with respect you do so as well. Equally have emailed our translator in Alicante and hopefully she will come back this evening.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Porth
I have just use google and INSS Denia and suggest with respect you do so as well. Equally have emailed our translator in Alicante and hopefully she will come back this evening.
Thanks again.