Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky TV Experts - Dish Size

Sky TV Experts - Dish Size

Old Sep 24th 2005, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future
Default Sky TV Experts - Dish Size

I have just returned from Southern Germany and found out how hard it is to get BBC1 and ITV1 from the Astra 2D Satellite at 28.2degrees!

With a 1 metre dish, all the other programmes, Sky1 etc. were crystal clear but not BBC! Finally managed to see a picture, but no sound.

Am moving to Alcudia in Majorca next Spring. Can someone tell me if the same problem exists or is it easier in Majorca.

What size dish please? Using a Pace Sky Digibox by the way.

Thank you!
Martin
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky TV Experts - Dish Size

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...55&postcount=3
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

This map gives a far more detailed indication of the footprint of the Astra 2D satellite.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a place just south of Alicante, systems for sale in the area seem to consist of a motorised system with an 85cm dish.

All I want is some english channels and dont care which ones, anyone know if I can receive any on a 60cm dish and from what sattellite ?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
This map gives a far more detailed indication of the footprint of the Astra 2D satellite.
Nice informative post.
Is there a faq where this type of question, and other's of an important nature, could be stored for future reference I wonder?
Old Oct 1st 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you could point your dish at hotbird and astra and get some basic stuff like eurosport, sky news, cnn etc, BBC Prime plus other stuff.

The motorised systems are pretty cool, and get you several movie , shopping and movie channels you'd get normally via Sky, plus you can get BBC Prime and the norma FTA stuff.

You can combine the system with an Albanian tv viewing card that gives you several extra movie channels and premiership football.

Originally Posted by moblies
I have a place just south of Alicante, systems for sale in the area seem to consist of a motorised system with an 85cm dish.

All I want is some english channels and dont care which ones, anyone know if I can receive any on a 60cm dish and from what sattellite ?