Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky TV Catch Up

Sky TV Catch Up

Old Mar 18th 2015, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky TV Catch Up

A friend sorted out our Sky TV catch up by connecting our router to our Sky HD box and changing some numbers. It has been brilliant but now won't download the catch up programmes to the router. I would normally ask her for help but her father has just died so not appropriate.

Tried googling it and did what Sky recommended but it hasn't worked.

Have a feeling the numbers she changed may have altered but have no idea what they are or where to put them.

Any help?
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:13 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky TV Catch Up

What numbers?
Usually you would connect a router to the sky box, and use a uk vpn on the router to provide a uk ip address for access to the catchup content. So connect a opc or other device to that router and see if it is "located in the uk" - whatismyipaddress.com.

Unless they have used a smartvpn on the sky box? In which case you will need to go to the smart service you are using for the enw numbers...

But I now that one or two ukvpn services have had issues with sky catch up in the last week or so...
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say download to planner not router. Apologise for that. We were unable to put I vpn on the router so have vpn on our tablets instead. I wonder if she put a UK vpn on the Sky Box. Where would I look for that?
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:35 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Sky catchup always download to the planner.
YOu cannot put a uk vpn onto the sky box.
A uk vpn will only work on a router.

A smart dns can be input onto the router or sky box.
what values you use depend which smart dns service you are using.

But I know that one or two smart dns services are on longer working or are currently having difficulties on sky box.

eg. Overplay have had a major upgrade yesterday which resulted in a temporary outage, but should all be working again.

Any issues you should contact your smart dns or ukvpn provier...
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

As I don't know which she used I can't contact anyone. Looks like I will have to wait until she returns to Spain. Where would it ve input on the Sky box? Thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:15 am

In the network settings
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Very odd just heard two more peeps have the same problem. Starts to download then immediately gives up.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 7:39 pm

Just checked mine - I use hma - and it is working fine - so perhaps the three of you are using the same system, which has either failed, or the iplayer are blocking?
Old Mar 21st 2015, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not getting anywhere. Yes all set up by the same person so likely to be the same system. If I set it up from scratch using my own DNS how would I do it?
Old May 23rd 2015, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyone got their Sky catch up working?
Old May 23rd 2015, 1:17 pm

I used mine on Wednesday for something and it worked fine.
Have had no problems using HMA on a separate router.
Old May 23rd 2015, 3:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

HMA does slow the download speed though. Do you have a good internet connection in the first place? We had this isuue in the UK, turned out to be the sky box losing the internet signal
Old May 23rd 2015, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ours is approx 8
Old May 23rd 2015, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Your problem could be.....

When you use a service like Smart DNS the service provider enables the service for a particular IP address - your address. If your router reboots for some reason then your IP address on the global Internet may change. In this case, you might have to go to the website of your Smart DNS provider and update the address that they associate with you.

This is what you have to do with Overplay any time your IP address changes.

As far as I know, nobody is giving away VPN or Smart DNS for free, so there must be a service provider involved. Do you know who it is?

I have a quiet afternoon here so if you continue to struggle PM me and I'll send you a Skype ID and I can talk you through some checks.

But it's going to be likely that I can only help if you know who is providing the service to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.