Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SICK OF MOVISTAR

SICK OF MOVISTAR

Old Feb 26th 2018, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough
Default SICK OF MOVISTAR

I have both Mobile and fixed phone with Movistar who used to be called Telefonica. I have twice be caught out by a service they offer which is called Yavoy. I have managed to get rid of it but they refused to refund the money even though I have never signed up to such a ridiculous service which is having music play on your mobile when people ring.

They have quite literally bombarded me with calls on my mobile which I have not answered.

I want to change to another provider now as I am sick to death of them.

Does anyone have a provider they can recommend. I want to keep my numbers. So it would have to be someone offering this service.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SICK OF MOVISTAR

I have Movistar and have had no problems - never heard of Yavoy and never had any phone calls about it. I receive the odd SMS marketing TV services etc but am quite happy with them.

Use your call blocker and hopefully you can relax.

You can try another provider but they are all keen to sell and all have horror stories.

PS Just found this:
La baja de Yavoy es un proceso muy sencillo. Tan solo tienes que enviar un SMS gratuito con la palabra BAJA al 2217. Una vez enviado este SMS con la palabra BAJA, recibirás dos SMS.:

More here
https://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Ayu...y/td-p/3364754

Last edited by spainrico; Feb 26th 2018 at 8:57 am.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes I have done that, but they have still taking the money out of my account and refuse to give it back to me saying that I signed up for it. If you have not had problems then that is good, but I have and they have caught me out twice and so I do not want to use them again. So am looking for recommendations. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get rid of it, further more I have been bombarded with calls from Yavoy. So Movistar has to go.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico
I have Movistar and have had no problems - never heard of Yavoy and never had any phone calls about it. I receive the odd SMS marketing TV services etc but am quite happy with them.

Use your call blocker and hopefully you can relax.

You can try another provider but they are all keen to sell and all have horror stories.

PS Just found this:
La baja de Yavoy es un proceso muy sencillo. Tan solo tienes que enviar un SMS gratuito con la palabra BAJA al 2217. Una vez enviado este SMS con la palabra BAJA, recibirás dos SMS.:

More here
https://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Ayu...y/td-p/3364754
No I do not want to use a blocker I am sick of Movistar. There is one horror story after another for Movistar. Also to block calls they charge so they have you every which way they can. Also their line rental is very expensive now.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
I have both Mobile and fixed phone with Movistar who used to be called Telefonica. I have twice be caught out by a service they offer which is called Yavoy. I have managed to get rid of it but they refused to refund the money even though I have never signed up to such a ridiculous service which is having music play on your mobile when people ring.

They have quite literally bombarded me with calls on my mobile which I have not answered.

I want to change to another provider now as I am sick to death of them.

Does anyone have a provider they can recommend. I want to keep my numbers. So it would have to be someone offering this service.
/

I also got fed up with Movistar and changed to Jazztel. Whole process was seamless for mobiles and fixed line/ADSL. With the mobiles they sent the SIMs first then got a series of SMS counting down to changeover. All explained in detail and happened as planned. Overall cost cheaper, but not by much, customer service generally good and no irritating unwanted communication. Yes I kept my numbers.

Last edited by Loafing Along; Feb 26th 2018 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Added comment
Old Feb 26th 2018, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yes they are dreadful. They keep taking money out of my account for Yavoy and I cannot seem to stop them nor do they pay me back. They say that I have signed up for it. As if I would!

Thank you for your suggestions. At least that is another provider.

They will now not let me into my account to download the latest bill so that I can change my fix phone!
Old Feb 26th 2018, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
Yes they are dreadful. They keep taking money out of my account for Yavoy and I cannot seem to stop them nor do they pay me back. They say that I have signed up for it. As if I would!

Thank you for your suggestions. At least that is another provider.

They will now not let me into my account to download the latest bill so that I can change my fix phone!
If it is a Direct Debit you have the option of refusing it up to about three or four days afterwards. Check with your bank . Do it and then they will contact you to find out the problem
Old Feb 26th 2018, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
If it is a Direct Debit you have the option of refusing it up to about three or four days afterwards. Check with your bank . Do it and then they will contact you to find out the problem
No it was 10 days ago so that option has gone. But thank you anyway. I shall just be flat to get rid of them altogether.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Movistar is just so expensive for landline + internet. We got shot of them about two years ago. In our small village we have two fibre optic companys who offer 100/10 mbps and free, unlimited landline calls for less than half the cost of Movistar who could only manage 10/2 mbps. Reliability with the cable operators is excellent. Any rare problems and a Whatsapp to Dani and he will let me know reason for downtime or send a lad around within an hour. The change was seamless, we kept our landline number. The local company handled the change for us. All we had to do was take our phone back to the local Movistar office. So glad we changed.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
Movistar is just so expensive for landline + internet. We got shot of them about two years ago. In our small village we have two fibre optic companys who offer 100/10 mbps and free, unlimited landline calls for less than half the cost of Movistar who could only manage 10/2 mbps. Reliability with the cable operators is excellent. Any rare problems and a Whatsapp to Dani and he will let me know reason for downtime or send a lad around within an hour. The change was seamless, we kept our landline number. The local company handled the change for us. All we had to do was take our phone back to the local Movistar office. So glad we changed.

That is good to know. I am going to change them and start the process today. They are expensive and they have just taken another 8 euros from my account and I do not know what is for! on top of that their company Yavoy keeps ringing me all the time but I do not answer. I got caught out with that two yeas ago and had to pay to have music on my mobile whenever anyone called! Thanks for the information.

When I asked for my money back they would not pay me and said that I had agreed to have the music on my mobile! so thieves and liers come to mind.

This is what they sent me in a message thinking it was funny! "Hello, Yavoy service is not active. With Yavoy (application) you can replace the waiting tone of your call for the tune, joke, ... that you wish.
Best regards. Esmeralda."

Last edited by surreygirl; Feb 27th 2018 at 7:26 am.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

so how much are you paying now, we haven't found anyone that's much cheaper at all for the line, adsl and a mobile, would be interested to find one
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
so how much are you paying now, we haven't found anyone that's much cheaper at all for the line, adsl and a mobile, would be interested to find one
I didn't use Movistar for mobile nor the new co. I pay 30€ for landline + fibre optic internet (100 mbps download 10 mbps upload). It's a co. local to our area.

Oh, if I would be content with 20 mbps download and 4 up it would be about 22€ inc landline.

Last edited by rafikiphoto; Feb 27th 2018 at 4:53 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't use Movistar for mobile nor the new co. I pay 30€ for landline + fibre optic internet (100 mbps download 10 mbps upload). It's a co. local to our area.

Oh, if I would be content with 20 mbps download and 4 up it would be about 22€ inc landline.
Internet..How much does my Dutch neighbour complain. He lives here permanently has had several Orange providers with limited data. So bad was his internet we leant him our MiFi with 3 so his wife could speak to her grandkids in Holland on FaceTime. Our access in our rented place is slow but at least it works. He even changed to Adsl-it worked for a day. Paid hundreds of euros for basically a load of lies from the shop...added to his lack of Spanish but his OK English when trying to deal with them he has had months of stress. I thought our Virgin in UK was bad but Internet where we are in Spain is terrible and talking to him it is also very expensive. Have to say for visitors to Spain go binge Netflix an add on for 3 is great hardly buffers and works a treat.