Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sharing my thoughts

Sharing my thoughts

Old Dec 11th 2005, 4:36 pm
Experience 5* rating

Costa-Convert has a brilliant futureCosta-Convert has a brilliant futureCosta-Convert has a brilliant futureCosta-Convert has a brilliant futureCosta-Convert has a brilliant futureCosta-Convert has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sharing my thoughts

Just to let all you still in the UK thinking of moving over, today it is 26dg, blue sky and very sunny, Bliss, now I know why we came

Fantastic, how great that sounds I am over next Sunday for 3 weeks and can't wait.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paulven

Where in Albondon? we have a few friends from UK that have bought there, When are you planning to come over? Be aware, and you maybe of course ,that it is somewhat cooler up there. You will in the winter come to Albunol for the warmth.
Nice place though.

pwwm
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

paulven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Paulven

Where in Albondon? we have a few friends from UK that have bought there, When are you planning to come over? Be aware, and you maybe of course ,that it is somewhat cooler up there. You will in the winter come to Albunol for the warmth.
Nice place though.

pwwm
Hi pwwm,
we have a place at the top end of the village c/ Martinez Campos, I,ve noticed the temperature difference on our frequent shopping trips to Albunol,when I can spare the time from working on the house.
I'm hoping to be in a position to spend a lot more time there by next April or May. The last time I was there in October,I brought a cast iron woodburner over with me to get prepared for next winter.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paulven

I will have to introduce you to the others if they are over, I think you may be quite close, unfortunately I cannot remember their address. You should pm me when you are over and we can meet in Serafin Bar in Albunol. A lot more snow up in the mountains this year.

pwwm
Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

paulven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paulven

I will have to introduce you to the others if they are over, I think you may be quite close, unfortunately I cannot remember their address. You should pm me when you are over and we can meet in Serafin Bar in Albunol. A lot more snow up in the mountains this year.

pwwm
Hi pwwm,
First of all Happy Christmas and New Year, that goes to all readers of this forum also.
I should be coming over to Albondon for a quick visit early in March, so I'll pm you then and we can arrange to meet in Albunol.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulven
Hi pwwm,
First of all Happy Christmas and New Year, that goes to all readers of this forum also.
I should be coming over to Albondon for a quick visit early in March, so I'll pm you then and we can arrange to meet in Albunol.
Hi Paulven
Bar Serafin is in the middle of Albunol at the top of the hill as you dribe through, so contact nearer for time etc.
News from here is a bypass around Albunol is imminent, contracters looking for lodgings etc at the moment, It will drop into the Rambla short of the town and then pick up the Cadiar/Albondon road. We have got very busy in the last year so quite excited at the prospect of the bypass. Also the Ramblas have all been cleaned up, Also have you heard the news re La Rabita and El Pozuelo?
pwwm
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice
Smile Re: Sharing my thoughts

Happy Christmas and New Year to you all.

I have just registered and am recovering from an op so have nothing else to do except dream and plan my next trip over to Costa Tropical! Some great flights to Malaga in January so am seriously considering a trip then.

pwwm -whats the news on La Rabita? I could do with some good news as a new apartment block is being constructed near my little house so that any hols for the moment will not be exactly restful but will just make the best of it.

All the best for now
Jenna m
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jenna

Re news from here, well, the greenhouses are being bought up and to the east of La Rabita and into El Pozuelo there is going to be a golf course, hotel, houses etc, still going through with the farmers as to cost etc but they are getting a lot more than current worth. All this is not starting for the next couple of years apparently, where I do not like the greenhouses, neither do I want golf course etc, I think it will spoil our part of the Costa Tropical, bit we shall see, I suppose the sea front can only improve with this though.

Watch this space as they say.
Let us know when you are over we can meet in La Rab.
pwwm
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

Hi Jenna

Re news from here, well, the greenhouses are being bought up and to the east of La Rabita and into El Pozuelo there is going to be a golf course, hotel, houses etc, still going through with the farmers as to cost etc but they are getting a lot more than current worth. All this is not starting for the next couple of years apparently, where I do not like the greenhouses, neither do I want golf course etc, I think it will spoil our part of the Costa Tropical, bit we shall see, I suppose the sea front can only improve with this though.

Watch this space as they say.
Let us know when you are over we can meet in La Rab.
pwwm
Thanks for info, pwwm.

Will try to catch up with you on my next visit.
I will keep posted as you suggested.

Thanks again. Jenna m
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

clarissa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have been reading with interest, your news regarding the purchase of greenhouses in La Rabita & El Pozuelo. I am interested as I hope to buy a small place near the coast & as there aren't many cheap places left, I am considering this particular area.

Where does your info actually come from, as I read an article in the Guardian Unlimited which was dated Sept 05 stating that there were even more greenhouses being planned going up the entire Alpujarras (to suck the mountains dry of water) and also that pipes are being built to get water into the plastics.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but it's difficult to get much info. on this particular subject.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

There have been meeting with the owners of the greenhouses and they have been offered much more than the land is worth to get them to sell out, the Ayuntamiento is waiting for I think 65% to agree and then the rest will be compulsory purchased. It has been in the local papers here and in the bars in La Rabita there have been postings on the bulding plans.
Re greenhouses going up into the Alpujarra's the plan is to push all greenhouses not just here but all along the coast, they are at Nerja also, this is to get rid of the eyesore, re the water situation that should not change they use agriculture water not our drinking water ie the so called "Black Water" people write about.
We heard through the locals waiving the newpapers in the air re building work etc, also at Castell de Ferro same thing happening, greenhouses to go and a golf course going into the valley there.

Many meetings going on with the owners to agree a price etc, the plan is for it to start within two years but then.............
If you are thinking of buying I would get in now as the prices have risen by at least 100% since we have been here, When the motorway is finished that will also increase value due to fastr time to airports etc. Personally I like the way it is now, not that I can do anything to change it.

Things are starting to happen, we are about to have a by-pass, also the rambla's have been cleaned up, there is about to be a re-cycing plant for the greenhouses so no more mess etc etc.

Good luck if you decide to come.
all the best
pwwm
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:10 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBull
Started work early yesterday 06:00am. I wore a thick jumper as it was chilly early on.
I wass caught out when leaving early afternoon...wearing a huge jumper in bright hot sunshine!
Phew

Layers..................you have to learn to wear layers