Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sharing my thoughts

Sharing my thoughts

Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sharing my thoughts

Just to let all you still in the UK thinking of moving over, today it is 26dg, blue sky and very sunny, Bliss, now I know why we came
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Sharing my thoughts

Originally Posted by pwwm
Just to let all you still in the UK thinking of moving over, today it is 26dg, blue sky and very sunny, Bliss, now I know why we came
Thanks but having spent 10 minutes de-icing my car this morning, I really didn't need to know that!!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Isnt it wonderful!
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking the same. Six o'clock tonight, still light and bright outside. Fell asleep in the sun and then took dog for a walk in the sunshine, bliss....UK at six oclock - dark and cold.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

What I like is that we can still sit outside having a drink during the day, as you say Glynis, I took the dog out after six and still light and sunny. But I have lit the wood fire now. Soon to be the shortest day so we shall get longer days. I forget until I go back to the UK how short the days are in winter, no wonder we get visitors
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:53 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets hope that warm weather stays. We move over to Spain on Wednesday. I`ve just come in from taking the dog for a walk and its freezing outside!!!! 5 more sleepnights then I`m warm, ah bliss.

Sam
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sam
Whereabouts are you coming to?
pwwm
Old Dec 9th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me again, sorry where is costa esuri?
pwwm
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:02 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Me again, sorry where is costa esuri?
pwwm
Costa Esuri is on the Costa de la Luz. 2k from Ayamonte on the Portuguese border

Sam
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sam
Looking at the wether earlier today I am sure you will have good weather for your final part of the trip. If you are driving, have a good trip if not well it will be quicker. May I wish you a good trip and a happy life here, we have been here for two and a half years with no regrets.
We are some way further along the coast from you in Albunol, between Motril and Adra.
Anyhow enjoy!
Regards pwwm
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

What I like is that we can still sit outside having a drink during the day, as you say Glynis, I took the dog out after six and still light and sunny. But I have lit the wood fire now. Soon to be the shortest day so we shall get longer days. I forget until I go back to the UK how short the days are in winter, no wonder we get visitors
Snow on the mountains 45 mins from Madrid and the car parks were full by midday despite there only being 2 kms of piste. Meanwhile in town, we've been having to open the windows during the day to let some 'fresh' (training room overlooks Plaza Castilla) air in to counteract the greenhouse effect of the sun. It's a bit bit nippy in the mornings until the sun's warmed the air up, though, and the wife and children are passing hot water bottles around throughout the night.

Taxi driver had to put sunglasses on to take me home this afternoon.

A classic Madrid winter's day.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Coralsoft
Sounds quite blissful, I do miss frost though, but going to UK next week for a concert and hope to enjoy just a little before I get back on the 20th.
pwwm
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:52 pm
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazzle
Thanks but having spent 10 minutes de-icing my car this morning, I really didn't need to know that!!!!!
sorry to add insult to injury but my husband and i went for a walk along guadamar beach on wednesday it was gorgeous and there were some people sunbathing absolute bliss !!!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:34 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Started work early yesterday 06:00am. I wore a thick jumper as it was chilly early on.
I wass caught out when leaving early afternoon...wearing a huge jumper in bright hot sunshine!
Phew
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:42 am
Just Joined

paulven is an unknown quantity at this point

It's great to know that it's 26dg in Albunol, I bought a place just up the road in Albondon a while ago and I'm busy at the moment trying to arrange things
so that I can spend more time there.
Hopefully in the new year I'll be able to take advantage of the climate in that area a lot more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.