Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

samsung tv for iplayer in spain

samsung tv for iplayer in spain

Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of
Default Re: samsung tv for iplayer in spain

The other thing with setting up the codes is that you have to be absolutely opposite the TV with the smart remote pointing squarely at it, it doesnt work if you are slightly to one side.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fred James
When I said that live TV was never an option I was referring to iPlayer on a Smart TV.

Obviously there are many other options for live TV on other devices but this thread is about Smart TVs, not Sky Now boxes.
I have set up my Samsung, can anyone tell me how to get Sky now?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Margaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really niceMargaret and Derek is just really nice

Originally Posted by t2uds
I have the HU7500. Although its the UlraHD one, its the same H Series. And its there on mine in the (UK) Smart Hub. But dont forget you have to be using a smart DNS service on the router, otherwise the browser still wont let you view UK TV in the same way as if you were using a laptop. But its fairly simple if you follow the guides given.

On a side note. A little tip when you have to enter the sequence on the H series Smart Remote (to access the change country install) Do it fairly speedy. I must have sat there like a muppet pressing the sequence quite a few times and it not working. Almost thought it wasnt going to work being an H"U". But in a last frustrated effort I did it fast....and it finally worked
Thanks so much for that, I have been trying to change to the uk apps. for ages and all it was down to was not pressing the sequence quick enough. Sorted, thanks again.

Derek
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:56 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna58
I have set up my Samsung, can anyone tell me how to get Sky now?
You can get Sky by getting a dish, and a sky box, and a sky subscription.

or

if your TV has Sky Go app available, then ukvpn / smart dns and a sky subscription

If you want the uk free channels (bbc itv c4 and five which are nothing to do with sky) direct from the actual broadcasters, then you will need:
a UK VPN / smart dns, set the TV up for UK apps, and get the ukiplayer apps.
but most of the official iplayer apps from the broadcasters will not stream live TV to a TV - why should they when you use a tv aerial or dish for live tv on a tv!

so for most it will be catchup only, not live.

Live streaming will come from a thirdparty like filmon....

Last edited by The Guy; Sep 15th 2014 at 8:00 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

siteservices is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a warning for anyone looking into setting this up for the first time, we found out after many frustrating hours that you cannot use any Smart DNS if your internet provider is Vodafone.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I did not know that, I'll run it past Portuguese posters, thanks.