Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Thread

The Ryanair Thread

Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair article in todays Daily Mirror

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Doesn't seem to work on Macs. (Which I bought recently for the sole reason that PCs keep crashing on me).

And I KNOW it is me. They can sense fear you know.
FAQ`s

What operating systems does CCleaner work with?
Fully tried and tested with Windows 98/NT4/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista.

It's now fully compatible with 64-bit versions of XP and Vista.

There are no Mac or Linux versions.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder when Ryanair will start charging for hand luggage? Don't laugh, if MOL can get a bit more money out of you then he will. When on-line checkin first started you automatically got free priority boarding. Now you have to pay for it.

How many passengers can a 737-800 carry? About 160? Is there space in the overhead lockers for 160 regulation-sized mini suitcases?

You heard it hear first.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
I wonder when Ryanair will start charging for hand luggage? Don't laugh, if MOL can get a bit more money out of you then he will. When on-line checkin first started you automatically got free priority boarding. Now you have to pay for it.

How many passengers can a 737-800 carry? About 160? Is there space in the overhead lockers for 160 regulation-sized mini suitcases?

You heard it hear first.
Get a jacket with big pockets.... lol

Pic please posh. ;-)
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

You heard it hear first.
Yay! Can you imagine? Loads of people wearing big overcoats, all pockets stuffed full of t shirts and underpants!

Seriously they will have to do something. There is so not enough room for 160 regulation sized carry on suitcases in the lockers. Perhaps they'll reduce the size of bag allowed.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Yay! Can you imagine? Loads of people wearing big overcoats, all pockets stuffed full of t shirts and underpants!

Seriously they will have to do something. There is so not enough room for 160 regulation sized carry on suitcases in the lockers. Perhaps they'll reduce the size of bag allowed.
Do youy think he will ever get round to putting the passenger on the scales with the baggage and charging accordingly!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by olivia
Do youy think he will ever get round to putting the passenger on the scales with the baggage and charging accordingly!!
I bet you it has crossed his mind
I suppose when people threaten to loose weight before their holidays they may try a little harder
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

You heard it hear first.
I have just got back from Marrakech - took only hand luggage on my Ryanair flight as did most people and the overhead storage space was packed. Hopefully it has all been worked out but we were sat at the back and our luggage was some way down. Could be tight. I just wonder when they are going to check size and weight?

I have to say I like the arrangement - this is the second time I have done on-line check in and taken hand luggage only - and it saves any queuing- straight through to passport control. Was not able to do on line for the return from Marrakech and expected to have to pay up for checking in on our return but was not asked for anything. I don't remember paying for the return when we bought the tickets. We have been able to arrive slightly later at the airport too. We did have our hand luggage weighed on our return.

Flights have always been on time although I still hate the scramble for a seat and there are always a number who arrive late often with kids so there has to be a re-arrangement - I feel sorry for the cabin staff who have to try and sort this. I still don't understand why they won't allocate seats - easy to deal with it via computer - in fact like others they could make money on it.

Carol
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:30 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Get a jacket with big pockets.... lol
Been doing that for some time now......
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by bil
Been doing that for some time now......
What like one of those poachers coats. lol
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:45 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You are allowed to use the area below your seat as I have done on occaisions.

Davexf
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:52 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Priority booking is pointless in Italy. I feel a bit sorry for all the folks I see that get called out first for priority and then they realise that they get to sit on the airport coach for an extra ten minutes until it fills up with non priority and they all get dumped at the plane steps at the same time so they never actually get onto the plane first at all.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:58 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Priority booking is pointless in Italy. I feel a bit sorry for all the folks I see that get called out first for priority and then they realise that they get to sit on the airport coach for an extra ten minutes until it fills up with non priority and they all get dumped at the plane steps at the same time so they never actually get onto the plane first at all.
I have seen that happen at a lot of places, they are usually stuck so that they are the last off the bus.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I have seen that happen at a lot of places, they are usually stuck so that they are the last off the bus.
That's true - all the stand up passengers get off first.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:06 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jdr
FAQ`s

What operating systems does CCleaner work with?
Fully tried and tested with Windows 98/NT4/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista.

It's now fully compatible with 64-bit versions of XP and Vista.

There are no Mac or Linux versions.

Did you copy and paste that Jdr

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:02 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Did you copy and paste that Jdr
Oh no, you have caught me out posh ......
But it is only the three allowed sentences. ;-) lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.