Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Thread

The Ryanair Thread

Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I always buy my cigarettes from a tabac, but since the introduction of the new regulations regarding the amount of liquid you are allowed to carry in your handluggage, it seems the only choice is buy in the supermarket and place in your hold baggage (risking a case full of clothes reeking of whatever spirit/wine etc you packed with them) or buy airside in the Duty Free Shop.
Take a pair of tall leather/sheepskin boots with you, one bottle in each and one wrapped in a towel between them, normal stuff packed around them. ;-))
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Take a pair of tall leather/sheepskin boots with you, one bottle in each and one wrapped in a towel between them, normal stuff packed around them. ;-))
Have often brought a bottle or two home from a ski holiday, lurking inside each of my ski boots
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Have often brought a bottle or two home from a ski holiday, lurking inside each of my ski boots
I travel every 2 weeks and usually have at least 1 bottle or a jar everytime, I have been doing it for almost 5 years and have only ever had one bottle broken which I actually thought was well wrapped( in a tin bottle container containing a cardbord sleeve .I normally use good old bubble wrap now ,I suppose I am tempting fate saying this now .
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
I travel every 2 weeks and usually have at least 1 bottle or a jar everytime, I have been doing it for almost 5 years and have only ever had one bottle broken which I actually thought was well wrapped( in a tin bottle container containing a cardbord sleeve .I normally use good old bubble wrap now ,I suppose I am tempting fate saying this now .
I must admit, we have never had anything broken either, when securely packed in bubblewrap and placed in a hard-sided case, wrapped in a towel amongst all the clothes, but its usually household objects such as mirrors, photoframes, that we carry - rather than bottles or jars. I just don't fancy opening a case full of clothes reeking of Jagermeister or Cherry Brandy
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:45 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Just had the dates for one of my forthcoming flights moved up a day. Anyone else noticed this, or know why they are doing this?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Tuesday flights already cut out and now Wednesdays too. This affects about 3 trips for us. Only Monday & Friday I think through April/May......Trouble is they always opt for the flight following to change it to and we would prefer the one before! So will have to spend the cost of the flight in phone calls no doubt to get it sorted.....

We tried this afternoon at Stansted but the flamin computer system was down so the nice man couldn't change our flights.

Anyway going to enjoy our short break in much warmer Spain and then go back and se what can be done.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:08 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jdr
You should always fill your boots so they say
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
Tuesday flights already cut out and now Wednesdays too. This affects about 3 trips for us. Only Monday & Friday I think through April/May......Trouble is they always opt for the flight following to change it to and we would prefer the one before! So will have to spend the cost of the flight in phone calls no doubt to get it sorted.....

We tried this afternoon at Stansted but the flamin computer system was down so the nice man couldn't change our flights.

Anyway going to enjoy our short break in much warmer Spain and then go back and se what can be done.
Well I always book Sunday to Sunday, and they changed it to Monday to Monday
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I have flights booked for April and August but haven't been notified of any changes.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
Our daughter booked to come home Friday 3rd April from Sevilla ... she has been moved to Saturday 4th April by Ryanair. No Friday flight!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

That's worrying - we had assumed they might be trying to push all their customers to Seville and pull out of Jerez - boohoo! However, it looks as though they are making cuts all round for this area, which looks a little more optimistic for Jerez again.

We tried to change our flights at Stansted yesterday en route, but just our luck the site was down, and the nice Ryanair man was not able to re-book for the earlier dates we wanted. We shall have to wait till we get back to Blighty and phone now.....
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:09 am
bil
Banned

Well, I must admit that Jerez suits me far better as it's an hour closer to home than Seville.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bill, Did I meet you and your wife at Stansted last night?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:29 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by susique
Bill, Did I meet you and your wife at Stansted last night?
Once meet never forgotten that's our Bil
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Just realised that I only put one of my OH's (who's Spanish) surnames when I booked our tickets back to UK next month. Do you think we'll have any problems? I've given all our passport details, etc. so it's not like they don't know who's flying. I just don't want to be told we can't board the flight. I'll be alright at least.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.