Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Ryanair Thread

The Ryanair Thread

Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

sandy beach has a spectacular aura aboutsandy beach has a spectacular aura aboutsandy beach has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ryanair

lets be honest, there are always those who take advantage of any situation. Ryanair tell you the rules and, if you are unfortunate to be on a really popular flight route where weight is limited you should be prepared to pay for the extra baggage. If you chose the less popular routes or go on a
awkward timed flight then its not a problem. The trouble is people expect a 5 star service at a 2 star price-- if you want that then you have to pay!!!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:23 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

I reckon you get roughly what you pay for...obey the conditions, take the flight and pay them the minimum. No inflight "meals"...take your own and stay thirsty
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:11 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well rember two year ago been in madrid for the sales and was bit over the weight allowance , so i put on few jumpers 2 pairs off jeans few socks and on top i had a jacket lol
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Chrispy remember to take a toilet roll, they have just started charging for bog paper. lol
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:18 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
Chrispy remember to take a toilet roll, they have just started charging for bog paper. lol
Don't get me started on loo users another pet hate. I can't believe the amount of people that have to go to the loo as soon as the seatbelt light goes off I mean where does that come from. You will always find me in the loo just before I board a flight and straight into one when I get off.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice

Ryanair offer an excellent service for the cost providing you play by their rules .... after all, it is their airline and only right that they should make the rules and the decide the charges. If you don't like it, fly with another airline.

The same applies to security at the airports, it is a pain and as soon as you have done it once, you know the rules. So why try and wear a coat, leave a mobile and change in your pocket and argue about a bottle of water that you have only just bought and try and get through.

Stop moaning, enjoy the cheap !!! flights with Ryanair and be thankful that somebody is worrying about aircraft safety.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:53 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I think this will cause people to buy less in the duty free side.

The retailers will scream about that IMO

Crispy and a couple of others have it bang to rights. Ryan does what it says on the tin. If you want a company that doesn't worry about a second bag, and will give you a rub and tug as part of the service, then expect to pay a whole lot more. I have one, maybe two trips left where I need to take hold luggage, but after that it's just hand luggage for me. Mind you, my luggage has that expanding trick, so that I can fit a bit more in, and I do tend to fill my jacket pockets too!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Barbara Red lips
I reckon you get roughly what you pay for...obey the conditions, take the flight and pay them the minimum. No inflight "meals"...take your own and stay thirsty
I agree...you get what it says on the tin...certainly no more...maybe a little less, but mostly at good price too
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:47 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Cheap flights do it for me.

It isn't as if they have brought in inflight beatings.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
Yep. Cheap flights do it for me.

It isn't as if they have brought in inflight beatings.
on the way soon if you dont use their in-flight service
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
on the way soon if you dont use their in-flight service

They must be bringing in the rule that you can only consume food and drink bought on the plane soon. They are missing a trick there.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:53 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
They must be bringing in the rule that you can only consume food and drink bought on the plane soon. They are missing a trick there.

SSHHHhhhh ! Keep that one under your hat sunshine !!!
(Not sure if they can do that really - but Ryanair re-wrote the rule book)

I like Ryanair ONLY when the plane is NOT full - so I can get my hand luggage in, easily find a seat (or three) and not sit next to farting, belching, snoring, smelly holiday maker with a ruddy suntan !!!

...No sickbags with RyanAir, No seat pockets either, 3 Euros for a 100ml of Water - and I dare not use their toilet in case there is a surcharge or priority booking system for that too !!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Although Grapeater says that he is 'not sure they can do this' it is common practice in cinemas in UK to put up signs that only food and drink bought on the premises can be consumed there (presumably as the extortionate prices for refreshments contribute greatly to their revenue, as is definitely the case with Ryanair), and that bags are subject to search (and presumably illegal food and drink will be confiscated by the ice-cream ladies lol)!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Although Grapeater says that he is 'not sure they can do this' it is common practice in cinemas in UK to put up signs that only food and drink bought on the premises can be consumed there (presumably as the extortionate prices for refreshments contribute greatly to their revenue, as is definitely the case with Ryanair), and that bags are subject to search (and presumably illegal food and drink will be confiscated by the ice-cream ladies lol)!
Well if it does come in you could have couples going into the toilet on the quiete to join the mile high nosh club. With the Stewardess banging on the door saying have you got a sausage roll in there??come out now!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Well if it does come in you could have couples going into the toilet on the quiete to join the mile high nosh club. With the Stewardess banging on the door saying have you got a sausage roll in there??come out now!!
Or furtively eating a cheese sandwich underneath a blanket, whilst the cabin lights are dimmed for take off and landing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.