Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by guirijohn
Expansion has reported that the Spanish government, though AENA, is buying Luton airport. It is the first time I have heard of a government running an airport in another country. Most of AENA´s Spanish airports lose money. I am not sure what Michael O´ Leary will have to say about it, should be entertaining.
What does he have flying out of Luton?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:47 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guirijohn
Expansion has reported that the Spanish government, though AENA, is buying Luton airport. It is the first time I have heard of a government running an airport in another country. Most of AENA´s Spanish airports lose money. I am not sure what Michael O´ Leary will have to say about it, should be entertaining.
Four UK airports including Heathrow are owned by Ferrovial.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

Ferrovial is a private company. Ryanair flies from Luton to Girona, Reus, Murcia and several destinations in the Canary Islands.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
It's like a merry go round, not sure if they still are, but 49% of Barajas and El Prat were for sale. At least the UK one's will make them lots of money, unlike the ghost airports in Spain which never see a plane.

Aeroport
Spanish government approves sale of Madrid, Barcelona airports
Spain’s council of ministers has authorized the sale of a 90.05% stake in both Madrid Barajas and Barcelona El Prat airports. It has also given its approval for up to 49% of Aena Aeropuertos, the new holding company established to move the country’s airports towards privatization, to be sold off.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by jimenato
are you sure that is still the case. Gatwick, Stansted and Ediburgh have all been the subject of forced sales by the Government from the former owner and are now owned by different airport operators.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
What does he have flying out of Luton?
lots of destinations all over Continental Europe, the European Islands and RoI.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

... just gets better
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...y-8739916.html
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

It is getting to the stage where if you were on hol's you could fed-ex your case to the hotel cheaper than the luggage allowance.

Is he looking from the view of saving money in the whole baggage process, i.e. the airport charges for this.

I never take hold baggage so don't have a issue with this myself.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
are you sure that is still the case. Gatwick, Stansted and Ediburgh have all been the subject of forced sales by the Government from the former owner and are now owned by different airport operators.
Certainly BAA, of which Ferrovial is the major shareholder had to sell either Glasgow or Edinburgh (sold the latter), Gatwick and Stanstead.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andyrich666
It is getting to the stage where if you were on hol's you could fed-ex your case to the hotel cheaper than the luggage allowance.
Agree, but of course those going on holiday need to take cases, so perhaps some people are starting to get fed up with his airline. Flights to Spain are down this year, whilst others Like Monarch, Vueling are considerably up, and profits for the last quarter are down. Reading today he's managed to upset plenty of Spanish as their prices to fly to Santiago (train crash) shot up to €400. I realise as a businessman he'll be looking to take advantage of a situation, but it's a bit hard hearted, even for RA. Not surprisingly, there is talk of boycotting the airline by some Spainish.
http://www.preferente.com/noticias-d...go-240903.html
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Agree, but of course those going on holiday need to take cases, so perhaps some people are starting to get fed up with his airline. Flights to Spain are down this year, whilst others Like Monarch, Vueling are considerably up, and profits for the last quarter are down. Reading today he's managed to upset plenty of Spanish as their prices to fly to Santiago (train crash) shot up to €400. I realise as a businessman he'll be looking to take advantage of a situation, but it's a bit hard hearted, even for RA. Not surprisingly, there is talk of boycotting the airline by some Spainish.
http://www.preferente.com/noticias-d...go-240903.html
I agree its bang out of order, however the media - Tv / Papers / they rely on this to sell there advertising, I said I doubted the train was doing 190kmh and that's what the papers and TV said was official

I run a business its clean and morally I don't think I would take advantage of such situations, not to domestic consumer customers anyway
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I add, the publicity he would have achieved as that is his goal if he offered extra flights and free seats could have been a better choice
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I saw an advert from the courier firm MRW the other day offering that very service, saying it was cheaper than checking your case in - so they have obviously spotted a gap in the market!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

He's a hard man and that's for sure, but you often have to be ruthless to stay in business in todays competitive World.

He negotiated a massive 50% discount or saving on a new fleet of 737s after 9/11, very shrewd move, but the best time to buy is always when no one else is.
The same policy has worked very well for me over the years.

I see his profits were reported down by 20% despite an increase in the number of RA flights.
He blamed it on the French ATC strike and fuel price increases, so naturally he'll try to make the shortfall up somehow, though I'd tend to go along with Andy and draw the line at the recent rail tragedy.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

I see his profits were reported down by 20% despite an increase in the number of RA flights.
He blamed it on the French ATC strike and fuel price increases, so naturally he'll try to make the shortfall up somehow, though I'd tend to go along with Andy and draw the line at the recent rail tragedy.
Yes, but then he would say that! If he flew more flights and profits were down, maybe passenger numbers were down. Just been reading his pilots are threatening to strike if he doesn't recognise their union. I'm sure he'll tough it out, but he's making a lot of enemies. He's now also ordering his pilots to fly slower to save fuel.
Ryanair ordena a sus pilotos volar más lento para ahorrar combustible
http://www.aviaciondigitalglobal.com...rUYiMM.twitter

Last edited by agoreira; Jul 31st 2013 at 8:45 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.