Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

I can imagine families can wind up cabin crew just like they do other passengers, but I dont often experience bad treatment from Ryanair staff, I also have been on Easyjet planes that are full and they have more issues regarding cabin allowances than Ryanair do.

You can tell if they are in a good mood on both sides as I will often ask them to put a couple of cans in the Ice for me as the drinks are too warm in the trolley, if they do it they are happy which is most of the time, if they don't then you know they are in a foul mood.

Generally they are all happy not stressed, if your grumpy then expect to be treated as a grumpy pig, if your happy and smile they often smile back
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:59 am
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andyrich666
... I will often ask them to put a couple of cans in the Ice for me as the drinks are too warm in the trolley...
I would rather bungee jump over a tank full of piranha than try that on Ryanair...
Old Jul 26th 2013, 10:13 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacontrathinker
I would rather bungee jump over a tank full of piranha than try that on Ryanair...

Now now nota, you have to learn to be nice to the young ladies and they will be nice to you.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:18 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Just so as there is no confusion over cabin baggage...

Easyjet cabin baggage rules

To take advantage of the guarantee, simply bring ONE slightly smaller bag no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels and we’ll guarantee it will travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.
No weight restriction applies as long as you can place and retrieve the cabin bag safely in the overhead lockers without assistance
Ryanair cabin baggage rules

Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage
So Easyjet have more generous allowances.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:37 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

EJ have no weight limit ( phew ) on their cabin baggage but do now have a smaller case size that will in theory always allow you to take it on board.
They now have two racks at boarding, one to the old size and one to the new.
Anything that does not fit the old goes in the hold at the passengers cost.
If it does not fit the new and still has to go into the hold due to lack of room the passenger is then NOT charged.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Ridiculous comparison.

Those with money in Greek accounts had no choice other than be robbed of their savings.
Likewise with the pensioners, nothing they could do about it.
Airport rules are mostly in place for very good reasons, such as passenger security.

No one holds a gun to passengers heads and orders them to board R.A.flights.

There are always alternatives, though the inconvenience involved could well be far in excess of any problems associated with R.A.

If all those bellyaching about R.A.put there money where their mouths are they may even get a service as provided by Iberia/BA for instance, though no doubt then the complaints would be about excessive fares, bad time keeping, lost luggage and all the rest.

You pays your money and makes your choice and obviously enough punters choose R.A. to make their services worthwhile.

I travel mainly by road and ferry now, mainly because of the Mutt, however from positive previous experience, I wouldn't hesitate to fly R.A. if needs be.
Quite agree, if it were not for low fare airlines we probably would not be living in Spain, many tourists would never have come here and there would not have been a property boom along the coast.

Como to think of it, the crisis in Spain is Ryanair´s fault.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Cheap and successful, Spain is a budget destination for a lot of holiday makers they want to do stuff on the cheap. They bring in 30 million people a year, Spain needs all the holidaymakers it can get with the current economic issues. I'm sure many people would like to fly 'non budget' but can't afford to or have other monetary priorities such as accommodation and eating out, they are a means to an end, hence their success.
They still seem to be coming in large numbers, and with all the problems in Egypt, Turkey etc, that's not surprising. Looks like Vueling, Monarch and Jet2 are doing some catching up, whilst RA and EJ seem to dropping a bit.
However, one thing that has been noted is the change in airline activity over the last 12 months.
Whilst Ryanair remains the largest Airline operating in Spain, with 3.3 Million for the Month of June alone, it saw a decrease in passenger numbers of 10.3% when compared to the same period of 2012.
Vueling - the next Airline by passenger numbers with 2.3 Million Passengers for the month - saw an increase of 16.6% for the same period, however in terms of growth, this was superseded by Monarch with 18.6% and Jet2 with 19.7%.
By Comparison, Easyjet saw passenger number plummet 15% in June 2013 when compared to June 2012.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 9:09 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like a bit competition to keep everyone on their toes.

4 UK and Irish based and good to see that 1 Spanish airline is managing to stay in the mix as well.

Wonder if the fact they originate in Catalonia is significant, looking at the mess of the rest of the Spanish airline business.

What about the rest of the European airlines, are they still operating a cartel, I don't see any in there ?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
They still seem to be coming in large numbers, and with all the problems in Egypt, Turkey etc, that's not surprising. Looks like Vueling, Monarch and Jet2 are doing some catching up, whilst RA and EJ seem to dropping a bit.
Trouble is Vueling don´t fly to the UK any more.

My friend got caught with Ryanair this week for 100 euros for oversized and overweight hand luggage. His own fault. But he said that lots of people got caught on that flight and one woman threatened not to fly so they just said that´s fine we will get your luggage out of the hold. Now would they? Finding it could have caused a delay in leaving, would it have been worth it for them?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Trouble is Vueling don´t fly to the UK any more.
Well they flew me from Cardiff to Málaga and back a few weeks ago! Pretty sure they do Gatwick-Barcelona, Cardiff-Alicante, plus many other flights.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Nothing like a bit competition to keep everyone on their toes.

4 UK and Irish based and good to see that 1 Spanish airline is managing to stay in the mix as well.

Wonder if the fact they originate in Catalonia is significant, looking at the mess of the rest of the Spanish airline business.

What about the rest of the European airlines, are they still operating a cartel, I don't see any in there ?
I found Vueling fine, certainly from the Cardiff end, but in true Spanish fashion, the check in desk at Málaga opened 35 minutes late, and the quick check in desk wasn't manned (or girled!) at all. Everything else was fine.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Well they flew me from Cardiff to Málaga and back a few weeks ago! Pretty sure they do Gatwick-Barcelona, Cardiff-Alicante, plus many other flights.
I thought it wasn´t a through flight that you had to change?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I thought it wasn´t a through flight that you had to change?
No, certainly our flight wasn't, I wouldn't fly if it meant changing. This is the first year from Cardiff, don't know about Gatwick and Heathrow, and it finishes end of October.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

No, certainly our flight wasn't, I wouldn't fly if it meant changing. This is the first year from Cardiff, don't know about Gatwick and Heathrow, and it finishes end of October.
Interesting, I didn´t know that. Thanks could be useful.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

Expansion has reported that the Spanish government, though AENA, is buying Luton airport. It is the first time I have heard of a government running an airport in another country. Most of AENA´s Spanish airports lose money. I am not sure what Michael O´ Leary will have to say about it, should be entertaining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.