Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Can I just say we only fly ryanair when absolutely forced to do so.

Jet2 is our preferred carrier, no scrums for seats, they are allocated, and to date in 8 years they have only been more expensive than ryanair on a handful of occasions!

Worst thing about ryanair after the scrummage to board? The hen and stag parties who seem to think the hangover should be aquired in the airport, continued to expand on the plane and remain in place until the flight back!

Last time we used them it was a thursday morning thinking we'd miss the rabble, nope a cat in hells chance. A hen - stag party now is not just a weekend but starts midweek and lasts 5 days.
Easily avoided.
Travel to Spain early in the week and return late in the week at a suitable date, probably cheaper as well.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
For what?
Another newspaper report

I'd be interested to see what other airlines that aren't being pilloried carry.
They did this to Freddie Laker you know when he started the first cut price airline, and eventually he was forced out of business by the other airlines getting together and tremendous criticism from them
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I have only used Ryanair on Spanish domestic flights, and have to say I have found no problems at all with their service. The prices have been the cheapest by quite a long way, punctuality excellent, the cabin crew pleasant, efficient and of smart appearance and the aircraft all looked pretty new. We don't try to take over-large bags on board, nor do we buy anything on board.

I wish they flew to more destinations within Spain, they do seem to chop and change a lot as regards which airports they use (for reasons already discussed).
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Typical D.M. trashy journalism with zero hard evidence.

Only thing it shows is that the Spanish and alternative Irish airlines have a joint agenda to try and put R.A. down simply because they are unable to compete.

Now if ever the UK Civil Aviation Authority express serious concern, that will be the time to sit up and take notice.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Easily avoided.
Travel to Spain early in the week and return late in the week at a suitable date, probably cheaper as well.
You do seem strangely willing to accept restrictions on where and when you can go in order to avoid unacceptable behaviour - not only do you think people shouldn't complain about the behaviour of tourists in certain resorts because it's their own fault for going there, now people shouldn't travel at weekends either! You can hardly blame people selling unlimited quantities of cheap alcohol for groups of passengers being drunk and obnoxious on planes, either, as the price of drinks in both airports and on planes is exorbitant.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
You do seem strangely willing to accept restrictions on where and when you can go in order to avoid unacceptable behaviour - not only do you think people shouldn't complain about the behaviour of tourists in certain resorts because it's their own fault for going there, now people shouldn't travel at weekends either! You can hardly blame people selling unlimited quantities of cheap alcohol for groups of passengers being drunk and obnoxious on planes, either, as the price of drinks in both airports and on planes is exorbitant.
I'm not saying Ryanair/O'leary are the worst but I do think many of the problems in this world today are and will be caused by the fact that people ARE willing to accept creeping 'unnaceptable behaviour'. What is that poem that ends "and then they came for me"?. People don't speak out. Nobody wants to be seen as an agitator. Everybody sees the Ryanair rules as just another rule. Follow it..... and it costs you no more. Just like the airport rules, the financial situation the Greeks having money taken out of their accounts. Pensioners losing their pensions. It's creeping. We just remain mute until it affects us. Then we whinge.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 25th 2013 at 6:25 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops I messed that up

What I meant to say is follow it, and it costs you a whole lot less
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Easily avoided.
Travelling is stressful enough without the bulls#it these guys throw at you.
As for flying at a time more suitable for the carrier ... you seriously have to be kidding!
We all have very busy lives and our travel dates are often determined by other factors.
All of that said, yes they are cheap and as with all things cheap, you get what you pay for.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

As for flying at a time more suitable for the carrier ... you seriously have to be kidding!
We all have very busy lives and our travel dates are often determined by other factors.
All of that said, yes they are cheap and as with all things cheap, you get what you pay for.
Cheap and successful, Spain is a budget destination for a lot of holiday makers they want to do stuff on the cheap. They bring in 30 million people a year, Spain needs all the holidaymakers it can get with the current economic issues. I'm sure many people would like to fly 'non budget' but can't afford to or have other monetary priorities such as accommodation and eating out, they are a means to an end, hence their success.

Last edited by jennieJ; Jul 25th 2013 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:56 pm
On the road again.

Well fortunately I am easily able to avoid it now by various means.
I travel mainly by road and ferry, but when I was last flying in, it was into Valencia which as previously mentioned rarely if ever suffers from such problems.

For the unfortunate ones living close to airports serving the trashy areas I simply say consider the options.
The boozy crowd will keep on coming regardless and you can never stop stag weekends and hen parties etc, everybody to their own, so why not consider other means of travel or alter the timing to avoid them.

For instance as I mentioned Expats generally visit for long stay, so what's the problem with arranging days of travel to suit, surely no great hardship, probably the reverse. ?

Live and let live eh. We were all young once.

On the other hand maybe you'd prefer that all those travelling to enjoy a boozy weekend are put in front of a firing squad and shot.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

=Dick Dasterdly;10819204
Live and let live eh. We were all young once.
Hey he is totally right, when I started coming to Spain by plane, mainly in and out of Girona for just having fun, ive changed now as i have got older but.....I used to be one of those annoying people,, We used to come back to the UK and Ryanair used to play music through the speakers, we had people jigging about in there seats, some singing, a real party atmospehere, like you sometimes get on a ferry, I hate kids and babies on planes but I just whack my headphones on now read the paper.

Those days coming back from Girona were awesome but it would not happen now, but it was only about 10 to 13 years back I guess if that, rolling start then disco, seriously it was like that
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

I remember lying in the sun on the grass at Carcassonne airport. I nodded off, only to be awoken by the my Ryanair plane overhead. In three minutes I was through immigration and security. Stressful it wasn't. Buy priority, it is worth it but not too many of you please,and take a good book.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guirijohn
I remember lying in the sun on the grass at Carcassonne airport. I nodded off, only to be awoken by the my Ryanair plane overhead. In three minutes I was through immigration and security. Stressful it wasn't. Buy priority, it is worth it but not too many of you please,and take a good book.
I always buy reserved seats on Ryanair. Worth every penny.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:02 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I'm not saying Ryanair/O'leary are the worst but I do think many of the problems in this world today are and will be caused by the fact that people ARE willing to accept creeping 'unnaceptable behaviour'. What is that poem that ends "and then they came for me"?. People don't speak out. Nobody wants to be seen as an agitator. Everybody sees the Ryanair rules as just another rule. Follow it..... and it costs you no more. Just like the airport rules, the financial situation the Greeks having money taken out of their accounts. Pensioners losing their pensions. It's creeping. We just remain mute until it affects us. Then we whinge.
Ridiculous comparison.

Those with money in Greek accounts had no choice other than be robbed of their savings.
Likewise with the pensioners, nothing they could do about it.
Airport rules are mostly in place for very good reasons, such as passenger security.

No one holds a gun to passengers heads and orders them to board R.A.flights.

There are always alternatives, though the inconvenience involved could well be far in excess of any problems associated with R.A.

If all those bellyaching about R.A.put there money where their mouths are they may even get a service as provided by Iberia/BA for instance, though no doubt then the complaints would be about excessive fares, bad time keeping, lost luggage and all the rest.

You pays your money and makes your choice and obviously enough punters choose R.A. to make their services worthwhile.

I travel mainly by road and ferry now, mainly because of the Mutt, however from positive previous experience, I wouldn't hesitate to fly R.A. if needs be.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:22 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous comparison.

Those with money in Greek accounts had no choice other than be robbed of their savings.
Likewise with the pensioners, nothing they could do about it.
Airport rules are mostly in place for very good reasons, such as passenger security.

No one holds a gun to passengers heads and orders them to board R.A.flights.

There are always alternatives, though the inconvenience involved could well be far in excess of any problems associated with R.A.

If all those bellyaching about R.A.put there money where their mouths are they may even get a service as provided by Iberia/BA for instance, though no doubt then the complaints would be about excessive fares, bad time keeping, lost luggage and all the rest.

You pays your money and makes your choice and obviously enough punters choose R.A. to make their services worthwhile.

I travel mainly by road and ferry now, mainly because of the Mutt, however from positive previous experience, I wouldn't hesitate to fly R.A. if needs be.
there are international rules on the size of bags for hand luggage - which are actually larger than those imposed by RYA and EZY.
and even though EZY have just reduced their max size I bet it won't be possible to get everyone's bags into the cabin and the last 10 will have to go in the hold.

having only travelled with the main 2 all I can say is the EZY cabin crews seem to be a team, work well together and are happy in what they do. RYA crews on the other hand seem to be stressed from the moment they arrive in the airport. This rubs off on the passengers, who are already stressed knowing they are going to be treated worse than pigs off to slaughter for the next 2 hours.

if the cheap and "cheerful" airlines hadn't taken such a huge bite out of the market perhaps there would be more choice within the same price basis.
After all if you don't like Tesco's you have more than one other to choose from, all have same/similar pricing and special offers. And Waitrose still seems to in there fighting along with M&S Foodhall making more profit than clothing.
perhaps it just comes down to what ticket/sticker you want your neighbours to see on your bags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.