Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Cheeky B*s?

Originally Posted by angiescarr

You know what this forum is for. But you also know what it's generally used for. There are people on here with no knowledge at all who pontificate about this or that and who don't actually want to hear anyone's opinions. Then there are the trolls and the verbal slapstick. But there are a few nuggets of wisdom which is what the other half hang around for. It's a waste of time waving your qualifications, and your wealth though because nobody believes a word anyone says on here anyway
My word Angie ...with the strength of some of the comments in support of Ryanair, one would have thought we were amongst aviation experts
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:46 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
My word Angie ...with the strength of some of the comments in support of Ryanair, one would have thought we were amongst aviation experts
Well I got the impression that the various comments referred simply to the quality of passenger service rather than any discussion regarding the intricacies of aviation, but maybe I missed something.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nigeljay
. Just because I travel a lot with work certainly does not make me wealthy.
I can certainly agree with that!
Old Aug 6th 2013, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well I got the impression that the various comments referred simply to the quality of passenger service rather than any discussion regarding the intricacies of aviation, but maybe I missed something.
Aviation service industry????
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:12 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nigeljay
Qualifications guilty but only in a lighthearted way. Wealth I don't believe I mentioned nor would I. Just because I travel a lot with work certainly does not make me wealthy.
Keep posting mate! But understand that when you mention your (hard + well earned) doctorate, you kind of open yourself up to a bit of banter....

We will pay 100Eur more not to fly Ryanair.... but I think they are 100% clear about the rules, I think I get at least 2 emails before the flights telling me about the hand baggage + checked bag rules for example.

There is only 1 airport that I know about that RA accept an extra sack of purchases at the airside stores. Meaning don't buy your booze unless it goes in the sack... and women don't take a handbag as well, unless you can put it in your carry-on.

So I agree that if you've bought the ticket and you've gotta accept the rules, as you say so on booking. Doesn't mean you have to like them... but no point hurling abuse at the airport... it makes you* look stupid! Whether you have academic qualifications or not. *Thats a general 'you' not a personal one

Jon
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well I guess you have to wonder what you would call someone that knowingly turns up at the gate with a case that is far to big to go in the check cage, and then complains bitterly that they are being unfairly treated. Or someone that turns up with their case, handbag and duty free's, knowing full well that it all has to go into one bag. That's the ONLY area in all the time I have been travelling to Spain that I have seen people complaining about RA. My opinion is that if they are stupid enough to do it, then it's their own fault and they have no reason to complain
Well you are wrong. There is a big notice by Ryanair at Malaga airport stating that you CAN take your duty frees on board with Ryanair.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Well you are wrong. There is a big notice by Ryanair at Malaga airport stating that you CAN take your duty frees on board with Ryanair.
I think this changes from place to place. I know this isn´t the case at all airports as a friend I was flying with was told he couldn´t take his duty free on board. He left it in a bin!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I think this changes from place to place. I know this isn´t the case at all airports as a friend I was flying with was told he couldn´t take his duty free on board. He left it in a bin!
Perhaps Malaga has more clout.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wrong on anything I say on this thread

Just a few weeks ago people were stopped at the gate with plastic bags and / or handbags and told that they would have to get it all into one bag.

The answer to this problem it seems then is to drive to and fly from Malaga and buy your DF's from there
Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:48 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr

You know what this forum is for. But you also know what it's generally used for. There are people on here with no knowledge at all who pontificate about this or that and who don't actually want to hear anyone's opinions. Then there are the trolls and the verbal slapstick. But there are a few nuggets of wisdom which is what the other half hang around for. It's a waste of time waving your qualifications, and your wealth though because nobody believes a word anyone says on here anyway
Ere, hold on a bit

If that's aimed my way, I've been travelling with (mostly) Ryanair now since about 2004. Thats fairly regularly, because we were some of the rascals that liked to come back to the UK a lot. In all that time I reckon I've managed to get some experience of Ryanair and I think I qualify to comment more than those who would let heel freeze over before they flew with them ... and my comments stand ...... stick to their rules and you are fine. If you don't use them because of what you have heard about them, then it's the wrong decision for the wrong reasons. If you've had bad experiences with them then fine, pay more elsewhere.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 3:02 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

of course you can, be it books, drink, sarnies, crisps, jewellery, donkey toys etc
SO LONG AS IT FITS IN YOUR ONE PIECE OF HAND LUGGAGE

but he wouldn't have made a loss on the deal if he had taken it back to the seller for a refund. (never wondered why the cleaning staff seem to have large grins on their faces if they get the RYA areas to work??)

I bought 2 books at Stansted which an over zealous RYA employee said I couldn't take outside my cabin baggage (my overcoat pockets were already stuffed full of things) so i went back to WH Smiths, explained and the lady there shrugged and said "Yes its happening alot lately" and gave me a full refund. But that was back in early 2012 when RYA upset alot of passengers and airport associates with their interpretation of "the rules" which doesn't fit with IATA. And that only lasted 3 months before it was stopped overnight.

There are very few air passengers nowadays who don't investigate their baggage entitlement before the plane leaves the ground. Just that no-one makes it clear about any DF's bought when you are airside.

`
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Domino
of course you can, be it books, drink, sarnies, crisps, jewellery, donkey toys etc
SO LONG AS IT FITS IN YOUR ONE PIECE OF HAND LUGGAGE

but he wouldn't have made a loss on the deal if he had taken it back to the seller for a refund. (never wondered why the cleaning staff seem to have large grins on their faces if they get the RYA areas to work??)

I bought 2 books at Stansted which an over zealous RYA employee said I couldn't take outside my cabin baggage (my overcoat pockets were already stuffed full of things) so i went back to WH Smiths, explained and the lady there shrugged and said "Yes its happening alot lately" and gave me a full refund. But that was back in early 2012 when RYA upset alot of passengers and airport associates with their interpretation of "the rules" which doesn't fit with IATA. And that only lasted 3 months before it was stopped overnight.

There are very few air passengers nowadays who don't investigate their baggage entitlement before the plane leaves the ground. Just that no-one makes it clear about any DF's bought when you are airside.

`
No Domino it clearly says you can take Duty Frees separately from your hand luggage. I also flew last time with a little bag over my shoulder underneath my jacket with my kindle, purse and boarding cards in and there was no problem. Now if I had taken a normal sized handbag and put it in my hand luggage I would have held up people boarding on the plane because I would be opening my hand luggage to take out my purse to buy a glass of wine and my kindle worked a treat. The bag itself is silk and just larger than a kindle.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

No Domino it clearly says you can take Duty Frees separately from your hand luggage. I also flew last time with a little bag over my shoulder underneath my jacket with my kindle, purse and boarding cards in and there was no problem. Now if I had taken a normal sized handbag and put it in my hand luggage I would have held up people boarding on the plane because I would be opening my hand luggage to take out my purse to buy a glass of wine and my kindle worked a treat. The bag itself is silk and just larger than a kindle.
I have a funny feeling that you cannot carry/purchase duty frees within the EU.
I don't have a doctorate, so I'm open to persuasion
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:42 am
Account Closed

....taken from a previous thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01b.../baggage-rules
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Looks like this thread will run for a while longer....

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...s-8749046.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.