Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair - Bristol / Castellon

Ryanair - Bristol / Castellon

Old Dec 28th 2017, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

FranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair - Bristol / Castellon

We live in the West Country and have used this route since Ryanair started it in September 2015. It was super convenient for us, being fairly close to the airports at both ends.

Castellon was/is the famous "ghost airport" that was unused for years until Ryanair started flying there, amid some speculation tax incentives etc.

"Castellon Airport became a symbol of Spain’s reckless spending on construction in the 1990s. It features a prominent statue of Carlos Fabra, the local politician who championed its construction and who last December began a four-year jail term for tax fraud"

Ryanair was the first, but other European airlines now use it too.

BUT Ryanair has still not released it's summer 2018 flights and I'm fairly convinced they stopped them for good. It seems to be tied up with their bid for Alitalia / Air Berlin routes / assets, but they're not giving out any info on the future of Bristol/Castellon.

We're so disappointed. It was so easy for our family to just pop over and for us to pick them up in the car - especially early and late season with fares at around £40 to £50 return.

Anyone else affected? Anyone have any info that I haven't been able to find?
Old Dec 29th 2017, 12:21 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair - Bristol / Castellon

That is what Ryanair do. Extract incentives, then move on to another airport. I think they call it Seagull Syndrome? Why would you expect better from https://skift.com/2012/09/05/ryanair...-the-industry/