Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ron Miel honey rum Need more!!!!!

Ron Miel honey rum Need more!!!!!

Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

hilaryphillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Ron Miel honey rum Need more!!!!!

Hi all,
Just got back from Gran Canaria, and yes if anyone has tasted it you know what i mean. HONEY RUM RON MIEL ARTEMI is absolutely gorgeous, managed to bring 1 ltr home, but thats nearly all gone, family have tasted it and we all want more.
I cant seem to find it anywhere in uk, the only place is on ebay from a german supplier, dont speak german !!!!!
Where can we get some more?
Can anyone send it over?
Dont know how this works
Or any links to spanish shops etc
Please please im running out.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ron Miel honey rum Need more!!!!!

Originally Posted by hilaryphillips
Hi all,
Just got back from Gran Canaria, and yes if anyone has tasted it you know what i mean. HONEY RUM RON MIEL ARTEMI is absolutely gorgeous, managed to bring 1 ltr home, but thats nearly all gone, family have tasted it and we all want more.
I cant seem to find it anywhere in uk, the only place is on ebay from a german supplier, dont speak german !!!!!
Can anyone send it over?
Dont know how this works
Junky!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Hi all,
Can anyone send it over?
Dont know how this works
try www.drinkfinder
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by olivia
Great thanks, have put an order in nearly £80 for 6 bottles but worth it,
ANYONE else got any ideas
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Junky!
HEYYYYYYYYY
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You know the way this will go don't you. You're allready addicted. You'll be selling all your household goods without your family knowing and then when that all gone you'll be turning to a life of crime

All just because you happened to stumble accross a honey seller in Spain in a shady corner of the local market
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:13 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

First time I tasted the stuff was in a Tenerife bar about 15 year back.
Having enquired at the time what it was(honey rum),the first thing I did on return to UK was go out and buy a jar of honey and a bottle of rum.
Tried every which way to mix it into something like ron-miel with no success at all.
On my return to the Canaries I found out why.
It is brewed only from the sap of one particular type of palm tree,
I was however addicted for quite a while.
The original version I believe is stronger and richer than the version mentioned above and best consumed in very limited measures.
It also makes excellent cough medicine,being quite smooth and soothing for the throat and tonsils.
Was hoping the N.H.S. would make it available by prescription ,but no such luck.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:17 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
First time I tasted the stuff was in a Tenerife bar about 15 year back.
Having enquired at the time what it was(honey rum),the first thing I did on return to UK was go out and buy a jar of honey and a bottle of rum.
Tried every which way to mix it into something like ron-miel with no success at all.
On my return to the Canaries I found out why.
It is brewed only from the sap of one particular type of palm tree,
I was however addicted for quite a while.
The original version I believe is stronger and richer than the version mentioned above and best consumed in very limited measures.
It also makes excellent cough medicine,being quite smooth and soothing for the throat and tonsils.
Was hoping the N.H.S. would make it available by prescription ,but no such luck.

Ahhh... that explains why I like it, although I don't like honey at all...
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You know the way this will go don't you. You're allready addicted. You'll be selling all your household goods without your family knowing and then when that all gone you'll be turning to a life of crime

All just because you happened to stumble accross a honey seller in Spain in a shady corner of the local market
Hi
Glad you found that web site! My husband is a Rum drinker but with coke! would it be a sin to use you special rum in this way? How do you drink it?
We will get some next visit.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:27 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Ahhh... that explains why I like it, although I don't like honey at all...
buy a bottle of " Kaline & morfine" cough medison and just add the rum.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:34 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:39 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The original and by far the best version is COCAL Ron Miel which is 30% alc. by volume.
The others including Artemi are simply much weaker copies,normally only 20%.
At the time I mentioned many moons ago it was only available in a few bars in Tenerife and Gomera.
Barmen I spoke to even in Gran Canaria had still not heard of it.
I think the recipe originated in the Venezuala region and many TF Canarians originate or returned many years after emigrating there to escape from Franco.
Now I notice that even the copied poorer weaker versions are made and sold all over Spain at absolutely crazy prices compared to what the original much superior Cocal used to cost.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:45 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
you said that you wished the NHS would give it as a cough medison on prescription.but they dont.

so my reply was the solution.you could cure your cough and get pissed at the same time.

Last edited by betris; Nov 16th 2008 at 8:47 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:55 pm
Banned

Hi all,
Can anyone send it over?
Dont know how this works
Just for you.[url]www.cultdrinks.co.uk. honey rum £17 a bottle.I dont know if its the same stuff or it will do you.cheers

0161 7620094 tel
0161 7634477 fax
[email protected] ......they are in bury. lancashire.

Last edited by betris; Nov 16th 2008 at 9:15 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by betris
That's what we were given by the MO for "Montezuma's Revenge" in Cyprus when we first arrived and went down with sickness and diarrhoea.

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.