Reload this Page >

Spanish Wifi & Television

Spanish Wifi & Television

Old Feb 27th 2018, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Mypoppet1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Spanish Wifi & Television

Hello

I'm new to the forum and want to thank everyone in advance for any help they can give me.

I have a holiday apartment in Murcia, Spain and unfortunately due to financial difficulties we are having to now rent the property out to others for a few months per year. This is likely to be both Spanish people and English friends/family.

Whilst we don't want to spend a fortune on satellite TV and Internet, we do think it's something that we need to have in the property.

Can anyone give me a few starting ideas for solutions they have, how easy it is to set up, prices etc.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 1:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Wifi & Television

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 27th 2018, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary, all read and understood.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 5:08 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that by law all apartments built after a certain year have to be connected to a communal tv aerial, - but i could be wrong.
If not available, then you should be able to get your own aerial.
A TV aerial will get you about 40 Spanish channels, but with the bonus of if they show a UK / USA imported programme you can change from the dubbed Spanish language to the original English language.
As for internet, speak to your neighbours. Most "wifi" providers will allow you to switch on and off as and when you need it.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Guy
I understand that by law all apartments built after a certain year have to be connected to a communal tv aerial, - but i could be wrong.
If not available, then you should be able to get your own aerial.
A TV aerial will get you about 40 Spanish channels, but with the bonus of if they show a UK / USA imported programme you can change from the dubbed Spanish language to the original English language.
As for internet, speak to your neighbours. Most "wifi" providers will allow you to switch on and off as and when you need it.
Thanks The Guy. Unfortunately, I don't have any neighbours at the moment to speak to. It's an area that remains empty until June/July every year. So, with regards to getting an aerial if there isn't one, who wopurchase this from? Would it just be a case of putting it on the balcony and tuning the TV in? Sorry, I'm not the most tech savvy