Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

retiring to spain

retiring to spain

Old Nov 10th 2007, 1:28 am
Just Joined

annie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile retiring to spain

Hi, need some advice please. Im australian, i have aussie and UK passports. i would like to retire in spain. i need residency visa from spainish consulate in australia, ( which i have applied ) but this seems some 6 months later it could take a further 6 months. If i go t spain on my UK passport, what do i need to do or have etc re applying for residency in spain. Im planning on going there in january 2008. if anyone can advise and help re this information i would be greatly appreciate it. thankyou annie123
Old Nov 10th 2007, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Default Re: retiring to spain

Originally Posted by annie123
Hi, need some advice please. Im australian, i have aussie and UK passports. i would like to retire in spain. i need residency visa from spainish consulate in australia, ( which i have applied ) but this seems some 6 months later it could take a further 6 months. If i go t spain on my UK passport, what do i need to do or have etc re applying for residency in spain. Im planning on going there in january 2008. if anyone can advise and help re this information i would be greatly appreciate it. thankyou annie123
Old Nov 10th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

???? ( Moderator , is this in the right Forum ? )
A British citizen/passport holder has virtually no restrictions to entering into and residing in any EU countries ( which would include Spain ! ) , plus some others ( Norway , Iceland , Switzerland , Croatia etc. ) , subject to very few and simple qualifications ;
nowadays , Brits live just-about everywhere , throughout Europe :
Estonia to Greece , Cyprus to Portugal , Benelux , VaderLand , you name it ! Not to forget those hundreds of thousands of us , in sunny Spain ...
- if you are serious about your question ,
you can p.m. me , about any specifics !
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: retiring to spain

Thankyou Ray - yes I am going to Spain hopefully by the end of January. I Was not sure re UK passport whether when applying to stay in Spain they would require a British Address. Any help on any matter about this relocation at this time would be greatly appreciated - annie123 -
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Annie, I am moving you to the Spanish section which is very lively, and no doubt you will get the replies you want

But as an EU / British citizen you are not restricted in moving to Spain. You will have to apply for residency when you arrive there, but this is now a simple form application which is lodged at your local Police station, and thereafter a certificate is issued.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 10th 2007 at 12:29 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

so, were you a £10 pom?
How did you get your UK passport?

I think your question is a good one and I hope that someone with more experience than I comes along and answers it (so thats 99.9%) as I look forward to finding out the answer.
Whereabouts in spain do you have your eye in?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: retiring to spain

Father was british. Thinking southern spain at the moment. - annie123 -
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: retiring to spain

Thankyou Mitzyboy - I am new to forums and I have found information here to be very helpful. It can be very daunting at times to gather all the necessary information required to have a smooth path forward. - annie123 -
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want to move to Spain?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: retiring to spain

Spain has a good climate, plus i would like to travel to other european countries over a period of time, and the cost re travel is alot cheaper than approximately $3,240.00 AUD airfare per trip. Once I have completed my travels i will go back to OZ. I feel Spain gives me a home base for now. - annie123 -
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

go for it.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

Hi Annie,
I don't know if you have any definete plans about where you are going to settle in Spain, may be Madrid or Barcelona for you juants across Europe. If you are interested in being close to the countryside, mountains and the unspoilt Atlantic coast take a look at Cadiz province and the Costa de la Luz!
I wish you well in your exciting retirement!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pablosho
Hi Annie,
I don't know if you have any definete plans about where you are going to settle in Spain, may be Madrid or Barcelona for you juants across Europe. If you are interested in being close to the countryside, mountains and the unspoilt Atlantic coast take a look at Cadiz province and the Costa de la Luz!
Do you mind not promoting CDL on various threads where poeple are asking about totally different areas, as it looks like you are pushing your business and there is a no advertising policy on the forums, thanks.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:11 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pablosho
Hi Annie,

Yes if your trying to sell something try the lounge we will eat you alive....
Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

Sorry if I have upset anyone, JDR but I have only posted on TWO posts. Justlookin started his thread by telling people he had really liked El Puerto de Santa Maria but was too expensive and was asking for any other cheaper areas, I was just drawing his attention towards Jerez if he had overlooked it!
Annie say's she is looking at Southern Spain.
CDL is relevant to both posts in my opinion but hey like I said I am sorry if you feel I am doing the forum an injustice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.